The Secret Scion

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
'This is incredable. Something has brought us all togeather, I should find out more.'

Mel smiles a warm and enchanting smile "I think you are right, there is safety in numbers, and for some reason I feel safer with the rest of you here than I did just a few moments ago." She speaks to everyone, but specificly Harolk and Rayni since they have already introduced themselves when she says "My name is Melphina, pleasure to meet you. Perhaps we should find a slightly cleaner place to talk."

Mel pulls her long blonde hair back into a pony tail and adjusts her clothes slightly (tucking here, pulling out there, tying up here, etc) so that they appear different enough to possibly throw off her former pursuers. Her elven ears are now much more prominent.
"Nice to meet you Melphina," Rayni replies warmly, "Always a pleasure to meet a fellow elf. From where do you hail?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel, Changing Rogue (Melphina Delena, Female Elven Princess)

Rystil Arden said:
"Nice to meet you Melphina," Rayni replies warmly, "Always a pleasure to meet a fellow elf. From where do you hail?"
"I'm from Valenar." Mel replies, relaxing a bit at Rayni's warmness. "How about you?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Of Aerenal lately, but now I am homeless," Rayni admits, "Our sacred island has very specific rules about who is allowed to live there, seeing as there is a strict limit on space and a continually-growing number of inhabitants--what with the Undying Court and all."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Space isn't an issue here, but who controls it is." Mel replies. "My 'father' wants more and wanted to use me to try to gain more. At first I thought it was by marrying me off, but when I found out it was more than that, my mother was displeased as well and helped me flee." She sighs. "Politics can be so complicated sometimes."

There is a bit of scorn and distaste in her voice when she uses the word 'father'.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm so sorry for you that your family was unkind to you. My parents were kind and loving, I guess, at least for Aereni...though a bit distant, and although they ultimately abandoned me to exile, I like to think it was because they were too politically impotent to protect me. Politics, I agree, are the source of many problems..."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail Human Barbarian 1

The boy in the corner stands slowly and clears his throat "I am Bail" he states simply, his eyes turned down towards the floor, his hand gripping the shaft of his spear tighter "If you mean me harm I will kill you" he says as he lifts his eyes and looks at each person in turn. His face is scarred and his nose has been broken often, his eyes hold a deep hurt, his cheeks too young to have grown the beard of a man.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Bail, I think we're all running. No one here means you any harm." Mel flashes a bright and innocent smile, hoping to make Bail a bit more comfortable. It is becoming a bit more obvious that Melphina is a younger elf, perhaps not quite an adult.

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander - Half-Elf Spellthief

"It appears that I'm the last to introduce myself. My name is Arimart. Don't worry Bail. I think that we can all see you are not a man to be trifled with. And this city has seen enough killing to last a thousand years." He tries to give the youth a reassuring smile, but does not know if it can be seen in the dim light.

"But if you will all follow me, I will treat you to a hot meal and eagerly listen to the stories of what brought each of you to this particular doorstep."

Kazan will swing open the door, careful not to be run over by anymore latecomers, and with a glance up and down the alley, will motion for the others to follow him.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rayni doesn't know why, but she doesn't trust the half-elf. The others seemed to be either honest or at least direct in their anxiety over being caught, but Arimart seems more calculating than anything and not as honest...in fact, he has repeatedly attempted to coax the group out of their hiding place into some place possibly more under his control. But, Rayni being Rayni, she ignores this feeling and gives a bright and bewitching smile.*

"Sure, I always like meals! Of course, I don't really have enough to afford splurging on a meal at a tavern or anything," her smile breaks as she pouts a bit, but then she smiles again, "I wouldn't ask anyone to pay for me or anything, and I imagine some of you may also be hard on your luck, so why don't we stay here for a while and split my last day of trail rations?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel, Changing Rogue (Melphina Delena, Female Elven Princess)

"Nah, trail rations are yucky. Let's find a good place to eat. I could go for some fresh fish." Mel says.

Remove ads