• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seven Realms Await! (full)

Acid_crash

First Post
The cool thing about Pbp games is that you don't need the entire party completely finished by the time the game starts, just enough people to get it started. :)

I just posted my character introduction.

Orvallon

First Post
Cryndo said:
I've updated my character (see post 122), but I need some help to finalize my background. I've taken a look at the BoED and know now what I want to play. I want to move to the Sentinel of Bharrai PrC and have changed my feats to comply with entry to this class. I've taken the sacred vow and vow of obedience and now need to know who I'm obedient too? Does this PrC fit within the parameters of the game? If so, please give me details about the appropriate organization or church for me to associate with.

Minor question, it seems there is a potion belt that I remember seeing. Is there also a wand belt of some sort? If so how much does it cost and how many wands does it hold?

I can have my completed character up by tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

Sentinels of Karn are the "local" equivalent to Sentinels of Bharrai. Karn is a lesser deity of nature and protection, whose symbology, conveniently, is ursine.

My tabletop players and I have used a "bandolier" in play, they cost 50gp, hold 4 wands and 4 potions, and make it a free action to access either. They weigh 1 lb.

Rayex

First Post
Orvallon said:
My tabletop players and I have used a "bandolier" in play, they cost 50gp, hold 4 wands and 4 potions, and make it a free action to access either. They weigh 1 lb.

I definetively want one of those after the battle is over, if it is possible to aquire it that is.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey Orvallon!

My character is up on the Rogues gallery.
Can I just jump in the battle? My hook could be that I've been tracking these undead but I never managed to catch up with them? How does that sound?

I read all the posts, but I can't seem to remember if there's a specific reason why we're all going to that town. Is there one? Any suggestions on an alternate hook, if the one I suggested doesn't work?

Cheers,

SG

Orvallon

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Hey Orvallon!

My character is up on the Rogues gallery.
Can I just jump in the battle? My hook could be that I've been tracking these undead but I never managed to catch up with them? How does that sound?

I read all the posts, but I can't seem to remember if there's a specific reason why we're all going to that town. Is there one? Any suggestions on an alternate hook, if the one I suggested doesn't work?

Cheers,

SG
Heya Steve.

That elven chainmail +2 is a bit pricey for your limits. (6,500 single item max)
If you made it +1 it would work. It would also give you some money, maybe enough for a magic weapon, for example.

That hook won't work, for reasons that will hopefully soon be revealed. There is no specific reason for everyone to be at the inn, so why don't we use the notion that your character is travelling to Mt. Hollysun to study a rare tome on the undead. Elam's Cleft is just on the way. So, you'll start out upstairs in your room, where you were resting (or trying to), till the fighting started down below.

Orvallon

First Post
Somes rules minutiae

On Frea's auras, what is a swift action? It's not something I'm familiar with, though I've seen it mentioned once or twice.

On Oxana's actions, Starting a song is a standard action, as is using a spell-like ability. So she couldn't do both in the same round. Also, I don't think bless and inspire courage stack, since they both provide morale bonuses.

Rayex

First Post
Orvallon said:
On Oxana's actions, Starting a song is a standard action, as is using a spell-like ability. So she couldn't do both in the same round. Also, I don't think bless and inspire courage stack, since they both provide morale bonuses.

Edited post, should be OK now.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Orvallon said:
Heya Steve.
That elven chainmail +2 is a bit pricey for your limits. (6,500 single item max)
If you made it +1 it would work. It would also give you some money, maybe enough for a magic weapon, for example.
That hook won't work, for reasons that will hopefully soon be revealed. There is no specific reason for everyone to be at the inn, so why don't we use the notion that your character is travelling to Mt. Hollysun to study a rare tome on the undead. Elam's Cleft is just on the way. So, you'll start out upstairs in your room, where you were resting (or trying to), till the fighting started down below.

Hey Orvallon!

I thought the +2 chain was ok. It costs 5,250gp and the max is 6,500.
Am I missing something? If you want, I'll swap swap it. No biggie. I'll wait for your reply, then write my first post.

Cheers,

SG

Orvallon

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Hey Orvallon!

I thought the +2 chain was ok. It costs 5,250gp and the max is 6,500.
Am I missing something? If you want, I'll swap swap it. No biggie. I'll wait for your reply, then write my first post.

Cheers,

SG
+2 chainmail is fine. The +2 elven chainmail would have been a problem.

Carry on.

Remove ads