The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

wizardneedsfood

First Post
"Aidan Re'Trayl, at your service good sir. Let me see what I can do about those."

Aidan hurries over to the injured warrior's side and rests his hands on the man's shoulder, beginning a prayer to Aeos.

OOC: Using up Create Food and Water to cast Cure Serious Wounds.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"Erkenbrand, and this here is Frea. I'd much appreciate some healing."

Appearing to think of something, he turns to his companion. "See that the horses are unharmed, will you?"

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Once finished with Larris, the young cleric nods his head towards Erkenbrand and moves over to him.

"Pleased to help you milord."

OOC: Cure Serious Wounds again, using up the Daylight slot this time. Out of 3rd level spells.

Rayex

First Post
Oxana - Female Half-Celestial Bard

"Thank you, I did my best with the wind and all." Oxana blushes when Larris complements her on her shooting. "My name is Oxana. Thank you all for standing up for me... I do not know why they were after me, I've never met them before..." her voice fades away as she consider what the creatures said. Might it have been my mother they were talking about? she thinks.
She searches in her bag for something, then brings out a white wand and a soft light radiates from it.

OOC: Using Wand of Cure Light Wounds on herself, 49 charges left.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

"Thank you Aidan, I've never taken a blow like that before." Turning to the group. "You all fought well, I would say we were lucky such a capable group chanced to be here at the same time else this fight would have had a different end. I take pride in calling you all comrads in arms. Have any of you ever seen foes like this before?"

Orvallon

First Post
The healing goes on, with Aidan calling upon the power of Aeos to heal first Larris, then Erkenbrand (23 points Larris, 24 Erkenbrand) Oxana heals herself, the soft light of the healing flashing. (9 points Oxana) The wounds upon the fighters fade, but the angry corruption and rot remains. (the special damage is not healing)

Frea goes out into the storm, and checks on the stables. The horses are fine, but badly spooked, the half orc stableman trying to keep them calm. He looks at Frea, and says, "tis the storm, sir, the storm. It's an evil one."

In the kitchen, Calimorton, stone faced, wraps the body of his wife in a heavy wool blanket, and looks at the party. His own wounds seem unnoticed as he picks up the bundle. Looking at Oxana, he says, "Twas not you these bastards was after, another winged lady was here a few weeks ago. She travelled through, on her way to Odria on the River, she said. These bastards, though they were a bit prettier then, were with some freight wagons that had come here from the capital to load onto a ship. I think they took it into their heads to have fling with the other winged lady, who was comely in form, like you are. We found the lot of the them the next morning on the West road, it looked like they'd been ripped around by a hundred blades."

That said, he opens the door in the north of the kitchen, which apparently leads to the family quarters, and disappears through it.

The storm rages on...

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Orvallon said:
Looking at Oxana, he says, "Twas not you these bastards was after, another winged lady was here a few weeks ago. These bastards, though they were a bit prettier then, were with some freight wagons that had come here from the capital to load onto a ship. I think they took it into their heads to have fling with the other winged lady, who was comely in form, like you are. We found the lot of the them the next morning on the West road, it looked like they'd been ripped around by a hundred blades."

That said, he opens the door in the north of the kitchen, which apparently leads to the family quarters, and disappears through it.

The storm rages on...

Turning to Aidan and Keltesis "I hate to be morbid, but if there is reason to think this infernal storm somehow animated these recently dead, should we be concerned about the body of Calimortin's wife? I expect you gentlemen of faith would know more than I about such things, but I worries me. These wounds worry me too. Do you think it will heal naturally when magic failed? Or perhaps it will fade with the storm?" Looking at the others. "Should we set a watch on the doors for more of these undead horrors?"

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Aidan pauses to think a moment, both glad and stunned to have his opinion asked for in such a vital matter. Hmm, we never learned much tactics at the monastary but common sense should prevail here. Now, is there anything I read about storms like this? He absentmindely scratches his chin with his right hand, sorting through his studies in his mind.

"As for the storm good sir, I have honestly never encountered anything like it nor heard tell of such an infernal storm. However," he adds quickly, "the storm does seem to have some connection with those horrors that attacked us. Still, without a necromancer being here, I believe the woman's body is no danger to us though I would think posting guards certainly couldn't be a bad idea."

Cryndo

Explorer
Aaldar Human Wizard

Aaldar quickly grabs an empty bowl, covers what should not be exposed, and blushingly says, "I'm sorry I... um... arrived to this place in... um... such an inappropriate manner. My garments were drenched by the storm so I took them off to dry while I got some rest. I heard the ruckus down here and in my haste forgot... um... to make sure I was decent." Aaldar nods his head in the direction of the beautiful winged woman and says, "Very sorry, ma'am."

What a fool I am. Coming down here wearing not one stitch of clothing. At least I remembered my bandolier. That sure came in more handy than clothing would have. Why am I still standing here with everyone staring at me? "Well I'm gonna go back upstairs and... uh... see if my clothes are dry.

Aaldar backs his way up the stairs, nodding nervously as seemingly the whole inn watches his less-than-graceful exit.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Kaltesis Ghoulbane Male Human Ranger 2 / Paladin 3 / Cleric 1

Scotley said:
Turning to Aidan and Keltesis "I hate to be morbid, but if there is reason to think this infernal storm somehow animated these recently dead, should we be concerned about the body of Calimortin's wife? I expect you gentlemen of faith would know more than I about such things, but I worries me. These wounds worry me too. Do you think it will heal naturally when magic failed? Or perhaps it will fade with the storm?" Looking at the others. "Should we set a watch on the doors for more of these undead horrors?"

Kaltesis was lost in thought after the combat endded.
"To all who fought these monstrosities, I thank you, on behalf of lord Aeos and myself"

If everybody else is completely healed, Kaltesis will heal himself using his lay on hands ability. He will nod at Aidan before doing so.

"I definitely we should set up guards tonight. We should also organize the townsfolk, and make sure this is an isolated incident."

OCC: Is there anything we can do to minmize the risk of Calimortin's wife coming back as an undead (like a proper burrial)? Also, does Divine Health protect Kaltesis against the rot?

Remove ads