The Seven Realms - Chapter The First - A Curse of Storms and Green Eyes

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Cryndo said:
Aaldar stands up and walks back downstairs. "I suppose this is more appropriate. Again, I'm sorry for my earlier lack of manners. I assure you no offense was intended."

"Forget it, I would never fault a man who comes to my aid for not stopping to dress...as long has he remembers his weapons. This lady has a warrior spirit, I do not think she will carry any lasting resentment." Grinning and bowing slightly, "I am Larris Farvold and I am honored to meet you sir."

Orvallon said:
Toby looks at Dora, then at Larris. "Them fellas was looking at Dora, too, till Master Calimorton put them out." He thinks a minute, then says, "I'll go up and look out, if you want."

"Yes lad do see what you can see."

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Steve Gorak said:
"I agree, we should rest for the night, and seek out information tomorrow. We should have our wounds checked out at a church too."

"I volunteer for the first watch"

"I will gladly yield the watch to you sir. Wake me whenever you want me to take over." Returning once again to his wine. "I shall wait a moment in case Toby returns with news immediately, and then try to get some rest." Larris begins to look out the windows to see how the storm is progressing and make sure no more trouble is upon them.

Orvallon

First Post
Rayex said:
Oxana frowns at Calimortons statement about the other winged woman. "Odria on the River you say.... what else did she say?"

Should I tell them... They deserve to know atleast a part of the reason they were wounded this night..

She turns to the rest of the group in the room. "She, the other winged woman, is my mother. I've been following her trail for some weeks now, trying to find out what happened to her."

Calimorton doesn't seem to hear Oxana's question, or at least makes no reply, as he carries his wife's body out of the kitchen.

Orvallon

First Post
Steve Gorak OCC: Is there a church or Aeos in this city? If not said:
OOC: Along the Dawn Coast, the most common shrines and churches are to Levia, and Vanar/Mahana. Despite it's small size, Elam's Cleft has one of each, a shrine to Levia on the north end of the town, near the top of the road going down to the docks, and one to Vanar and Mahana on the south end, towards the farmlands.

The nearest Aeosian shrine he is sure of is four days travel to the south, in Suddal. Mahana, however, is Aeos' sister, so there is some affinity there.

Orvallon

First Post
Come the dawn...

Morning arrives...though the dawn is marked by a simple greyness, the dark clouds of the storm remaining, the winds, the rain. The lightning, generally a sickly green color, can now be clearly seen.

Calimorton and Toby have contrived a simple breakfast of gruel and cheese, which Dora serves, the girl seemingly jumping at every sound.

The innkeeper's face remains a mask, as he looks over his guests. Finally he says, "I want to thank all of ye for your actions last night. Yer bravery likely saved me, and my children's lives. Ye are welcome to stay here as long as ye like. I am going to take my wife to the shrine of Mahana. She always favored the goddess of the moon."

He looks at Oxana, and says, "The other winged lady, she said little more then that she was going to Odria on the River. She seemed to be worried or upset about something, but it's not my place to ask after the affairs of others."

A few townsfolk come in, and eat, and the talk is of the strange storm. A few say they saw green lights, and dark figures moving, but no one who comes into the inn saw any more that.

Scotley

Hero
Larris Human Fighter

Orvallon said:
The innkeeper's face remains a mask, as he looks over his guests. Finally he says, "I want to thank all of ye for your actions last night. Yer bravery likely saved me, and my children's lives. Ye are welcome to stay here as long as ye like. I am going to take my wife to the shrine of Mahana. She always favored the goddess of the moon."

"If you do not mind I would acompany you to the temple this morning. I am concerned about these wounds and would speak to a priest of Vanar."

ooc: I assume the wounds did not heal with sleep?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Orvallon said:
QUOTE]
Orvallon said:
Mahana, however, is Aeos' sister, so there is some affinity there.

"Calimorton, I will accompany you. I need to discuss these events with the priests and pristesses of Mahana."

Looking at Larris "Sir, maybe the information fomr the followers Mahana will add to that of the followers of great lord Vanar. I recommend that those who wish to have this mistery resolved, and the sicknedd in their flesh removed, meet us here at mid-day".

OCC: at the shrine of Mahana, Kaltesis will introduce himself as a Paladin and a Cleric of Aeos. He will explain what happened, and will ask that they make sure the soul of Calimorton's wife doesn't come back as an undead. He will also inquire about the storm, the undead (and their relationship) and the rot (and a possible cure).

wizardneedsfood

First Post
Scotley said:
"If you do not mind I would acompany you to the temple this morning. I am concerned about these wounds and would speak to a priest of Vanar."

Aidan perks up at the mention of going to the temple of Vanar.

"I would like to go as well. Something came to me last night, that I remember vaugely hearing about storms like these. They are called Banestorms. Unfortunately I cannot remember where I heard it from, or anything else about these storms. However, it is possible that a the priests of Vanar would have more information on this that could be used to protect us all and this community."

Orvallon

First Post
The Shrine

Calimorton listens to all this, his face a far cry from the cheery innkeep who welcomed travellers the evening before. He sets about loading his wife's body onto a mulecart, the half orc stableman standing by, a large axe in his hand.

The trip through the village to the shrine is quiet, those few townsfolk visible are mostly hurrying on necessary errands. The winds are unabated, and out to sea a vast wall of darkness and lightning can be seen, sweeping towards the land.

The innkeeper says, as the group moves towards the shrine, "This is no grand temple, sirs and lady. Just a simple shrine to the Lord and his Lady, watched over by the Storm Brother Jasper, and his wife, Alice, who does revere Mahana."

As the group approaches the shrine, Kaltesis gets the sense that there are undead within...

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Kaltesis Ghoulbane Male Human Ranger 2 / Paladin 3 / Cleric 1

Orvallon said:
As the group approaches the shrine, Kaltesis gets the sense that there are undead within...

Kaltesis draws his sword and axe.
"Beware friends, there are undead nearby. I fear they may even be inside the shrine"

Kalestis takes his flail and hand it to Calimorton. "You may need this".

OCC: I assimued that Calimorton was unarmed. If he is, Kalestis wont give him his flail.

Remove ads