Orin - 11
Beetle 5 - 10
Beetle 6 - 10
Xbow 1 - 6
Swarm 1 - 6
Swarm 2 - 5
Caravan G 2 - 4
Beetle 4 - 2

You may attempt to shout orders to the guards / NPCs as a free action, otherwise they will do their best to fight off the horde. I will give everyone a chance to update what they are doing now that maps are available. I would like for everyone to post a general idea of what type of thing your character will do. IE attack closest enemy. I don't need a laundry list of, if this guy is dead attack this, if that guy is dead attack this etc etc. Just generalities will work. Specifics are good too though if you want to get specific. Once I have general plans from everyone, time will advance.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=GM/OOC]I'm thinking you may have missed my post, but I'm not sure:
Initiative (1d20+4=12)

"Over here as well!" Val signals the porters to keep loading as he sprints for Garthun's area. "Xyn, watch your flank!"

I didn't post specific move actions (double move, run, etc) as I wasn't sure how far Val was from Garthun's caravan - looks like an all out run would get him there in a round. Also, you left Val out of the initiative order :D. (I can tell where he goes, though, so that's no biggie. ;).

In general, Val will attack the nearest enemy unless there's someone who needs healing - he'll then either approach them to cast a spell or get close enough to channel, using selective channeling to exclude as many beetles as he can.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis grips his quadrens tighter, and the blade takes on a pale green glow. Realizing the grate poses the biggest threat as an entryway, the half-elf charges the beetle closest to it, calling out to Tamecia and the girls in the wagon, "They're coming in through the grate. We need to get this sealed off again!"

OOC: Swift Action: use arcane pool to gain +1 melee attacks for the quadrens for the next minute

Plans: charge the beetle by the grate to get it cleared, looking for ways to seal that entryway off. Is the grate broken, or was it merely left open?

[sblock=mini-stats]
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13 Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions:
* Shield (+4 AC). 8/10 rounds remaining. Current AC: 19
* Arcane Enhancement: +1 melee attacks for 1 minute

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2(+3) 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 4/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
The grate is made of heavy wrought iron, but appears to have been pushed out of its setting by the fire beetles. There is a latch that was obviously designed to accept a lock. A quick glance around the ground reveals a shattered and completely rusted out padlock.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Val continues closing on whichever group of beetles Svexyn is pursuing. Maybe I can distract the creatures for Xyn to do his thing.

[sblock=OOC]Close with Svexyn and attempt to set up a flank. Previous stated action to heal if needed stands, just in case I'm away when it's my turn.

(I'll be without internet access pretty much all day tomorrow).[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]
[sblock=Walking Dad]Fear not! That is not a failure on your part but one on mine. I have a way to try and fix the situation. I will have an update this weekend with some additional stuff for you.[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
OOC: This is for Wilbur, but everyone is welcome to read it. More to follow.

You blunder down the access path to the trade road, stumbling over roots and lose stones strewn across the roadway. Your body, still weak from your ordeal, finally rebels against your sudden exertion. Nausea causes you to double over at the waist as you empty the paltry contents of your stomache onto the trail. White, sharp pain stabs behind your eyes as you grab your skull in agony, as if the effort would keep it from exploding. When you open your eyes, you are no longer in the jungle.

The paved cobblestone streets of a city unknown to you feel hard and sure beneath your feat. The bricks vary in color between white and black. The light sparkles off the stones in an attractive, if peculiar way. Its as if they contained large amounts of crushed glass. You stand up, and notice that the damp, green smells of the jungle are replaced with the smells of too many people living in too small a place. The sounds of jungle life are replaced with the hustle and bustle of humanity. Merchants hawk their wares while children laugh and chase each other through the crowds.

The idyllic scene is brutally shattered by screams. The crowds surge past you, the panic spreading like wildfire through the streets. You look in the direction the crowds are running from and see a wall of hooded figures marching down the street, shoulder to shoulder. They wear black, hooded robes, and march slowly, but relentlessly towards you. Each carries a scythe wreathed in flames that they use to cut down townsfolk unfortunate enough not to escape their reach. As the townsfolk are cut down, their bodies turn to ash that blows loosely in the wind.

The figures march closer to you, and the crowds press past you, enable to escape the slashing scythes. The weak and slow are trampled under foot as the herd stampedes to escape the slaughter. One figure looks up from his work, and, despite the throng of people, points a long bony finger directly at you. His blazing red eyes stare at you from within the shadowy confines of his robes. He raises his hand to throw back his hood, revealing a bleached white skull. Smoke trickles from his empty, glowing eye sockets. He throws back its head and laughs, a shriek of a sound that makes your skin crawl and brain itch.

The scream sends stabbing pain through your mind and forces you to close your eyes again. When you open them again, the city is gone.

Desolation is all around you. The air is dry, stale, and dusty. Strange shapeless orbs drift through a blood red alien skyline. No visible source of light shines upon the arid plain on which you now stand, but it is lit in a permanent twilight. The ground is firm but spongy, giving an almost springy feel to each step you take. Jagged rocks emerge from the ground at odd angles giving the landscape a sharp, shattered feel.

In front of you, you see a field of standing stones. These appear to have been placed here deliberately, unlike the natural jagged formations. Each stone has a body chained to it that appears dead, or near death. Something tugs at your mind and you feel drawn to the stones. You blink, and suddenly you are in amongst the stones. You stare out at the bodies, wondering what fate has befallen the poor souls imprisoned here. Suddenly one opens its dried, chapped lips and speaks.

YOOOU. I dragged ya in ta shelter only ta have ya abandon me. COWARD. TRAITOR.

You look at the broken creature, and recognize the face of Nia, the native girl that rescued you from exposure on the road. Her chained body has been slashed and chewed on leaving deep bloody wounds. Her blood runs down the stone and dries in pools at the foot of the stone.

The cries of TRAITOR and COWARD echo across the plain, as more of the bodies come to life, rattling and pulling violently on their chains. The faces of all those who helped you at the Lucky Monkey look back at you, eyes full of rage and bloody vengeance. Tamecia and her girls release a banshee wail for your soul.

Nia’s laugh curdles your blood.

Ya may have lived today coward. But we be havin our revenge.

The corpses open their mouths and vomit a torrent of beetles onto the ground. The beetles swarm forms a vaguely humanoid figure, constantly writhing and flowing as the beetles move over each other. Two brightly glowing beetles stare at you from the creature’s eye sockets. It opens its mouth, releasing voice like a thousand souls screaming in chorus.

DIE COWARD

OOC: Roll initiative Wilbur!

Nightmare.jpg

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Wilbur

Wilbur kneels down, awaiting either his end or that of his vision. Speaking in Aklo, because of his agitation, he says:

"If I be to be killed, because I ran away with others, because I'm not a great fighter, because I don't wanted to force others to rescue me, I'm ready.
But if this is just another vision, let it be over soon, as I have real work to do!"

[sblock=OOC]
Wilbur 2
Wilbur Warrington

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads