• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus was fairly quiet on the trip back to Cauldron, only punctuated by periodic bouts of growling, snarling and quiet cursing at his injured leg. Still, it doesn't stop him from doing his duty when the carts arrive back at the Drunken Morkoth. He finally relaxes back, leg mostly healed by now, and takes a drink from his ale.

He looks at Nia and shrugs. "What kind of stories are you looking to hear? Recent news or the old legends? Town criers are best to ask for the new stuff, though it can sometimes be a little garbled. As for the old stories, I found the old folks know the city's history best, having lived through their own fair part of it. If you give them a couple of coins for their trouble, some might even just talk your ear off."

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis, like Wilbur, finds eating his enemies oddly satisfying, and wonders idly if the wyrm blood within him has anything to do with it. He dismisses the notion, however, and enjoys the hearty meal.

The return to Cauldron brightens the young man's spirits more than he thought it would. It seems that a brush with disaster leaves one more appreciative of the safety of home. He greets the Cardinal with a smile and thanks him for his generosity of pay, then falls gratefully to the closest chair.

"There's always the library, too, but you'll have to pay for the stodgy collars at the wizarding academy to give you access," the half-elf adds, clearly still holding a grudge for his expulsion. Then he turns to Wilbur.

"What about you? Those visions of yours brought you here. Any plans or ideas on where you're meant to be headed next?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
HP: 10/10 AC: 15 AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13 Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions:

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 5/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Nia nodded thoughtfully, a little surprised to find that the city worked in such familiar terms.

"De elders," she replied, then quickl to Caytis, "An' I don't mean de old wizard men neither. Dey've notting to teach me."

Looking back at Marcus, Nia went on. "Stories of de city...of when it was first built. A man who dey say was a man of magic, and a great tide of demons that came rushin' from de jungle and up de slopes of the mountain...only to be pushed back. Which Elder woul know that story?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus shrugs. "Just about any of them. Hell, the Cardinal could probably tell you, when he gets a free minute, and he'd at least make it more interesting than most."

Walking Dad

First Post
Wilbur

"What about you? Those visions of yours brought you here. Any plans or ideas on where you're meant to be headed next?"

"I'm frankly not sure. My last visions seem to indicate that my fate is connected with this group. Maybe I can join you?
I know I made no great performance at those inn, but my talents lie more with thinking foes."
Wilbur explains a bit reluctant.

[sblock=OOC]
Wilbur 2
Wilbur Warrington

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Nia gives the Cardinal a dubious look, but isn't so rude as to question. She sits back, watching him, waiting for an opening to ask her question.

ahayford

First Post
After serving a few drinks to some of his regulars, the Cardinal returns to your table.

Anything else you need before I go down to count stock? I may be down there a while.

Shayuri

First Post
"Surabar," Nia said to Cardinal, putting her mug down with a thump. She pointed at Marcus. "He said you might be knowin' the story of Surabar...it is a story I very much be wantin' to hear. Do you be knowin' it?"

Her accent seemed a bit thicker after she'd had an ale or two.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Valinnan greets the arrival of dinner at the Monkey with relish, and eats heartily . . . here is a man who's learned to enjoy life to the fullest.

He spends the trip back making the rounds of the caravan, speaking with whomever catches his fancy, always sharing an encouraging word or a funny story.

Once back in Cauldron and at the Drunken Morkoth, he returns his foster-father's bear hug with obvious and unabashed affection. "It was a good trip, sir. There's an inn where we stopped over on the way back, the Laughing Monkey. Orin is the proprietor, a good man - honest and fair to a fault. It may be that we could do some business with him. Also, there's a Dwarven merchant named Garthun we'd do well to be wary of. He's surly - even more than one would expect - and mean of spirit. And he's none too happy with us at the moment, through no fault of our own."

When there's a break in the custom, or after the Morkoth closes down for the night, Val tells the Cardinal the full tale. In the meantime, he turns to Nia and Wilbur.

"Father, these are new friends met on the road . . . friends to the four of us, and to those at the Laughing Monkey as well. Here is Nia, a woman wise in the ways of the wilds but a stranger to city life, and Wilbur, a man who seems to me to be sorely in need of a measure of peace."

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis chuckles at Nia's dismissal of the academy. "You and me both," he says.

Walking Dad;5711402 [COLOR=Lime said:
"I'm frankly not sure. My last visions seem to indicate that my fate is connected with this group. Maybe I can join you?
I know I made no great performance at those inn, but my talents lie more with thinking foes."[/COLOR] Wilbur explains a bit reluctant.

Caytis shrugs and smiles. "I don't know about the others, but the cook with a stick did more bug-squishing than I did, so I'm hardly one to cast aspersions on a body," the half-elf offers. "If you want to hang out with this batch of outcasts, who'm I to say no?"

Remove ads