The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

Shayuri

First Post
Nia reads the contract, and doesn't notice what Caytis is doing until it's too late.

"Caytis wait!" she snaps, but the blood is on the page. The witch winces and looks away.

"You fool." Despite her words, her tone is one of sadness, not contempt or anger. "Dis was not ready to sign. Dere are holes in it. And now you life is held in de agreement as it is, holes and all."

She takes a deep breath, and lets it out, then signs the contract as well.

"So be it. What was done cannot be taken back."

And not every hole in dis ting is to our disadvantage.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mmmm, I don't like this . . . not at all. Still, all in and no one left behind - even if we're moving to the afterlife we'll all go together.

In spite of his misgivings, Val moves to the table, pricks his finger and speaks the words.

"I, Valinnan Vapaus, sign and agree to this contract."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus mutters an "Ah, hell," as the terms are written down then just signed. He shakes his head, but the warrior still signs his name on it. "I know merchants above-ground who would kill for a self-enforcing contract like that," he says quietly with a very wry tone.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Svexyn moves up to the table, examining the contract. The others had heard the words, and now he read them to verify. Everything looked in order, as he completes the contract with his signature. "So, what other surprises do you have stowed away down here?"

ahayford

First Post
As the blood ink dries on the last signature, Yuathyn plucks the document from the air and neatly folds it down to the size of a small letter.

She barks an order to her minions.

Children, bring me a candle.

After a few moment, another of the short, smelly creepers emerges from down the hall carrying a lit candle. He places the candle on desk before shuffling back to his place at the end of the hall. Yuathyn produces a small signet ring and a stick of blood red wax from the folds of her garment. She first heats the wax in the candle, allowing it to drip across the open fold of the parchment. She then presses the ring into the hot wax.

I need a signet, or symbol, that represents your group to complete the magic. Once the contract is sealed, destroying both signets is the only way to break the contract's hold on you.

She looks at you expectantly.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

Caytis holds his hands out and looks to the group.

"I don't really have any jewelry," he says.

[sblock=mini-stats]Caytis Maggerin
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13(17)
(values in parenthesis with Shield active)
Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions: none
In Hand: Quadrens

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 3/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Feel free to retcon some small personal item if you wish. Even a coin from the city with a raised emblem would probably be sufficient. It does not need to be anything with sentimental value.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Nia sighs and pulls her necklace off over her head, then holds it out. It's a simple string with some beads and a large fangy tooth strung onto it. The tooth is carved with intricate little designs.

"You ken use dis. When de contract is fulfilled, do both tings still have to be destroyed?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
When Nia makes her offer Val stops in the midst of patting at his pockets and pouches, and looks a little embarrassed as he comes up empty. He'd briefly fingered the wooden tankard hanging at his belt, but rejected the notion as quickly as it arose.

Remove ads