• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Star Wars Iconic Characters and the Lords of the Expanse: Hunting Grounds...

Arani Korden

First Post
Arani smiles at Rory. "Perfect. And just in time, too."

With that, she crosses over to a comm panel. "Attention, everyone. Please report to the lounge, immediately. It's time to face your innermost fears and learn to dance."

Vor'en Kurn

First Post
With a mounting sense of dread, Vor'en begins turning in place, slowly gaining speed and sending the small Jedi in increasingly large arcs. He begins to think the trick may be performed without injury when he feels something go twang in his back, and he, and Sia, proceed to fall to the floor in a heap. The pain is could be described with any number of superlatives, so Vor'en settles for forming his mouth in a silent O of surprise.

ooc: Aaand there's the debilitating injury. Off to the airport with me, I'll see you all in a few weeks.

Valara

First Post
Valara grins back at Set, "Do you suppouse we will all have to dance as Sia-lan does? It seems dangerous to life and limb, it would be bad to have an accident and be forced out of the hunt." she whispers to him so that Sia wont over-hear.

"What will this ball be like Set? I have never been to one you know, so I want you to tell me everything." she says leanig her head onto his shoulder.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Vor'en Kurn said:
With a mounting sense of dread, Vor'en begins turning in place, slowly gaining speed and sending the small Jedi in increasingly large arcs. He begins to think the trick may be performed without injury when he feels something go twang in his back, and he, and Sia, proceed to fall to the floor in a heap. The pain is could be described with any number of superlatives, so Vor'en settles for forming his mouth in a silent O of surprise.

Bait rolls into the cabin just in time to see Vor'en painfully collapse to the deck. With low mournful whistle, he turns around and heads back to the cockpit. As he leaves, Arani can barely overhear the droid tootling something about checking the ship's database for first aid procedures and his apparent lack of an adequate salary.

Arani Korden

First Post
"Sen." Arani nods her head in the direction of the injured soldier and surly droid.

Typical. He'd rather injure himself than attend a simple dance lesson.

She addresses the class. "You've all seen a very enthusiastic demonstration of one kind of dancing. And most of you will be relieved to hear that Tapani courtly dancing is nothing like that at all.

A formal ball is all about being seen. Lots of whirling about interferes with the proper display. As a result, there's movement in prescribed patterns, surprisingly little touching, and often a lot of conversation. Matters of state have been settled over the course of a dance."

"Any questions so far?"

Last edited:

Set Harth

First Post
"What will this ball be like Set? I have never been to one you know, so I want you to tell me everything." she says leaning her head onto his shoulder.

"Well if it's anything like the Balls back on Coruscant, then lots of people trying to rub elbows with popular & famous folk. Acting all-important and knowledgeable about any given topic of conversation. Just like High School really, only with adults." Set grimaces. "Oh ah and Dancing lots of dancing. Drinking punch, eating appetizers, getting punch poured down over your head by some punk who thinks he's better then you...." Set's fist clinches and things begin to rattle about the lounge. "And your date laughing at you before going off to dance with the punk…Sorry, flash back."

Valara

First Post
"I never went to high-school, so I do not know what that is like Set. But I promise not to laugh at you, if that will make you happy. I wont dance with anyone but you either." says the scantily clad amazon, not really knowing or understanding what he is talking about. I know that he dislikes it, and thats enough, I suppouse.

Sia-Lan Wezz

First Post
"Oh, Vor'en." Sia-Lan sighs, still sitting on him and resting her elbows on his armor-clad chest, her chin in her hands. "You are a very silly solider. I don't know how you managed not to get yourself killed like that! I guess Arani will have plenty of time to get you all ready for the dance floor later on, hmm?"

Standing up, she let Sen get to the poor solider to tend to him while she stuck her hands behind her and glanced around. "Well, how is this ball dancing thing going to work? And why do I have to dance? Its not like anybody is going to ask me...is it?"

Of course anyone would have to have a screw loose to ask Sia-Lan to dance...especially after watching her just dibilitate a grown man...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads