D&D 5E The Strongest Poisoner. New Tasha's Gish

Hohige

Explorer
I was 380 feet away. It took me at least 4 turns to close to 120' (moving 60' per round).

You spent that entire time readying Fireball (trigger when I become visible).

According to the rules for readying a spell, if you dont cast that spell by the start of your next turn, the slot is lost.

You are crazy? I never said I would keep this up all the time, I lost a spell slot.

So, did you accept defeat?

I didn't even use extended invisibility

You are crazy? I never said I would keep this up all the time, I lost a spell slot.

Yes you did. You said above that as soon as I became invisible and Hid, you used the Ready action.

You maintained that action for the 4 turns I was moving.

When I revealed myself, you tried to claim that the action was a Readied fireball (trigger -me becoming visible).

I suppose you could have burnt 2 x 2nds and a 1st as well for a 5th slot, but you just used that on Counterspell (with 1 SP left over to subtle spell it).

Hohige

Explorer
Yes you did. You said above that as soon as I became invisible and Hid, you used the Ready action.

You maintained that action for the 4 turns I was moving.

When I revealed myself, you tried to claim that the action was a Readied fireball (trigger -me becoming visible).
There was confusion here. I had forgotten that I cannot maintain a spell for more than 1 turn.
I never said that I would spend all my spells slots to maintain this. It's stupid. I accepted missed the spell slot of that spell and didn't get the reaction.

So, will you accept defeat?

There was confusion here. I had forgotten that I cannot maintain a spell for more than 1 turn.

Oh OK. I'll let you retcon that.

In that case Ill just Hold Person you while invisible seeing as you still have your slots. Portent means you fail the save.

The upcast Scorching ray then kills you.

Subtle Counterspell.

Ah yes that's right. And technically I'm invisible but become visible on casting, and hold person has a 60' range so just inside.

I'll stick with Hypnotic pattern then.

Ill advance invisibly, cast hypnotic pattern, place a bag over your head, and then cast hold person.

You cant exactly complain seeing as you were able to take six tool kits off the artificers person in the last battle.

Hohige

Explorer
Ah yes that's right. And technically I'm invisible but become visible on casting, and hold person has a 60' range so just inside.

I'll stick with Hypnotic pattern then.

Ill advance invisibly, cast hypnotic pattern, place a bag over your head, and then cast hold person.

You cant exactly complain seeing as you were able to take six tool kits off the artificers person in the last battle.
Please, no.
It's over. The wizard is burning. :D

Remove ads