Con 16
Cha 16

HP 7

AC 13 touch 13 ff 11 unarmored

Fort +3 (base 0 + 3 Con)
Reflex +2 (base 0 +2dex)
Will +1 (base 2 - 1wis)

abilities:
racial: -2str, +2con, small, low light vision, speed 20', +2 save vs illusion, +1 save DC against my illusion, +1 to hit vs kobold, goblin, +4 AC vs Giant type, +2 listen, +2 craft (alchemy), speak with burrowing mammals, 1/day speak with animals, 1/day dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation.
Spell 5/4
spell known: detect magic, mage hand, message, daze (DC14)
1st level: sleep (DC 15), silent image (DC15)

skills:
bluff +7 (4r+3cha)
Concentration +7 (4r+3Con)
Craft Alchemy +8 (4r+2int+2racial)
Knowledge(arcana) +3 (1r+2)
Spellcraft +5 (3r+2int)
Listen +1 (0r-1wis+2racial)
hide +6 (+2 dex+4size)
jump -8 (-2 str -6speed)

feat spell focus (Enchantment)

equipment
1 light crossbow +3 1d6 20 bolt 37gp
83 gp left

industrygothica

Adventurer
My Character

[sblock="Rowan, The Watcher of Welkwood; halfling druid"]
Code:
[b]Name:[/b]       Rowan
[b]Class:[/b]      Druid 1
[b]Race:[/b]       Halfling
[b]Size:[/b]       Small
[b]Gender:[/b]     Female
[b]Alignment:[/b]  Neutral
[b]Deity:[/b]      

[b]Str:[/b] 08 -1  (2p.)     [b]Level:[/b]    1     [b]XP:[/b] 
[b]Dex:[/b] 17 +3  (8p.)     [b]BAB:[/b]     +0     [b]HP:[/b] 8 (1d8+0)
[b]Con:[/b] 10 +0  (2p.)     [b]Grapple:[/b] -5
[b]Int:[/b] 12 +1  (4p.)     [b]Speed:[/b]   20'
[b]Wis:[/b] 16 +3 (10p.)     [b]Init:[/b]    +3
[b]Cha:[/b] 10 +0  (2p.)

[b]		Base	Armor	Shld	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc[/b]
[b]Armor:[/b]17	10	+3		+3	+1
[b]Touch:[/b]14
[b]Flat:[/b]14

[b]                      Base   Mod  Misc[/b]
[b]Fort:[/b]  +4              +3     +0    1 (luck)
[b]Ref:[/b]   +5              +1     +3    1 (luck)
[b]Will:[/b]  +7              +3     +3    1 (luck)

[b]Weapon:                     Attack   Damage     Crit[/b]
Scimitar                    +0       1d4-1      20/x2
Club                        +0       1d4-1      20/x2
Sling                       +5       1d3-1      20/x2   

[b]Languages:[/b] Common, Halfling, Druidic, Elven

[b]Abilities:[/b]
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy

[b]Feats:[/b]
Alertness (+2 to Spot and Listen checks)

[b]Skills                  Ranks	Mod	Misc[/b]

Climb			+1	0	-1	+2 (Racial bonus)
Concentration		+2	2	0	0
Handle Animal		+2	2	0	0
Jump			-5	0	-1	-4 (+2 Racial bonus, -6 speed penalty)
Knowledge (Nature)	+7	4	+1	+2 (+2 Nature Sense)
Listen			+11	4	+3	+4 (+2 Racial bonus, +2 Alertness feat)
Spot			+9	4	+3	+2 (+2 Alertness feat)
Survival		+9	4	+3	+2 (+2 Nature Sense)
[/sblock]

[sblock="Background"]
Unnatural screams rang out through the Welkwood, attracting the attention of its various inhabitants, including that of the druid Torin, who was already old by that point.

Led by Vesta, his wolf companion, Torin quickly came upon a devastating site. A small caravan of halfings had been ambushed and slaughtered on the narrow trail, their little bodies strewn about the brush like garbage, and their wagons completely destroyed. And it was underneath the rubble of one of those wagons where Vesta began to frantically scratch and claw at the dirt and rock.

Torin attempted to move the wagon, or what was left of it, himself, but his frail human body had betrayed him yet again. As the screams below began to resign, Torin loosed a frantic growl as his body took a new shape, a shape he hadn't seen in a long, long time.

As the huge bear lifted the ruined wagon, Vesta quickly drug the halfling child to safety.
-----------------------------

He called her Rowan, and she spent her earliest memories being taught the ways of the druid, to respect both the beauty and the power of nature. Torin would often find her hiding in a secluded spot simply observing nature, watching the animals as they roamed and fed, and gave her her nickname, The Watcher of Welkwood.

Now, years later, Torin having lived longer than any human ought, the Watcher of Welkwood has given her human father back to the earth. And she would take that name, and Torin's legacy, along with Tiki, her own wolf companion (who is directly descended from Vesta, who also passed on of old age when Rowan was a child) and explore the world for what it's worth, gaining whatever knowledge she can. She would watch...
[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
Grimror, here is the basic character sheet for Falariel, my cleric submission for The Sunless Citadel. Note that the write-up for her appearance, personality, and background are pending. Please let me know if you see any errors or have any questions.

Thanks!
Malvoisin

Falariel Allundrai (CR1) (0 xp)
Female Elven Cleric 1 (Corellon Larethian)
CG Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Init +2; Senses Listen +5, Spot +5
Languages Common, Elven
Domains Protection, War
----------------------------------------------
AC 16 (+3 Armor, +2 Dex, +1 Shield), touch 12, flat-footed 14
HP 9/9 (d8 HD)
Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +5
Spd 20ft. (30 ft. base)
Melee Longsword +2 (1d8+1/19-20)
Melee Heavy Mace +1 (1d8+1)
Ranged Sling +2 (1d4+1)
Base Atk +1, Grapple +0
SA Turn Undead
Cleric Spells (CL 1) (3/2+1)
1st: Shield of Faith, Cause Fear, Magic Weapon(D)
0th: Create Water, Detect Magic, Resistance
Abilities Str 12, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10
SQ Elven Traits, Spontaneous Casting
Feats Improved Turning, Bonus: Weapon Focus (Longsword)
Skills Concentration +3, Heal +7, Listen +5, Ride +2, Search +2, Sense Motive +3, Spot +5, Survival +3, Use Rope +2, Knowledge - Religion +2
Possessions Longsword, Heavy Mace, Sling (20 Bullets), Studded Leather, Lt. Steel Shield, Alchemists Fire, Holy Water (2), Traveler's Outfit, Backpack, Bedroll, Sunrod, Silver Holy Symbol, Waterskin, Rations (3), Belt Pouch, Sack (2), approx. 35 gp.

Appearance & Persona: Falariel ('Fala' to those she would call friend) stands 5'6" and weighs 135 pounds. Her long, jet black hair is braided neatly away from her angular face and falls to the middle of her back, while her sparkling green eyes look upon the world with a mix of gentle compassion and fiery resolve. There is a strength in this elven warrior-priestess that belies her small stature and lean frame. She is proud of her elven heritage, and always allows her ears to show conspicuously, without any adornment (such as hats or earrings). She wears simple traveling garb...knee-high leather boots, black trousers, a simple blouse the color of fresh cream. In time of strife, she dons her studded leather armor and takes up the steel shield emblazoned with the symbol of her house...a lone oak tree in a field of orchids. Over all this, she wears a sturdy cloak of forest green, clasped tight with her silver holy symbol: that of the Father of the Elves, Corellon Larethian. Her hand never strays too far from the hilt of her longsword, and her sharp eyes are always on the lookout for the corrupt and foul creatures that are the enemies of elvenkind. She despises goblinoids of all sorts, and undead horrors only slightly less. She puts up with the lesser races (though dwarves in particular strain her patience), with the understanding that she must be an ambassador of goodwill to elf and non-elf alike.

Background: Pending....

Last edited:

hippocrachus

First Post
I'll start working on a half-elven paladin of Heironeous, if you'll have me.
I'm sure a paladin of Heironeous sounds cliche, but I've never tried my hands with the class, and I'm looking to mold the character around one of the ancient Greek heroes... Heironeous reminds me of Zeus, go figure :\

Grimror

First Post
Sorry guys - I've had a busy day today and I didn't get around to getting a good look at everyone's character. I'll allow submissions to go on for one more day and I'll make the judgements tomorrow as early as possible.

hippocrachus

First Post
Bellerophon, Son of Glaucus
Lawful Good Male Half-elf
Paladin (1)
Celebrates Heironeous
Height: 5’-7”
Weight: 129lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dirty Blond
Skin: Tan

STR: 16 (3)
DEX: 12 (1)
CON: 10 (0)
INT: 9 (-1)
WIS: 11 (0)
CHA: 15 (2)

HP: 10
AC: 16
~ Touch: 11
~ Flat-Footed: 15

(2) Fortitude: 2 + 0 + 0
(1) Reflex: 0 + 1 + 0
(0) Will: 0 + 0 + 0

(1) Initiative: 1 + 0
BA: 1
~ (4) Grapple: 3 + 1

Weapons
Longspear - 4 (1d8+4) 20x3
Short Sword - 4 (1d6+3) 19x2
Sling - 2 (1d4) 20x2

Skills
(0) Concentration: 0 + 0 + 0
(-1) Craft (Trapmaking): 0 - 1 + 0
(4) Diplomacy: 0 + 2 + 2
(5) Handle Animal: 1 + 2 + 2
(0) Heal: 0 + 0 + 0
(4) Gather Information (cc): 0 + 2 + 2
(1) Listen (cc): 0 + 0 + 1
(5) Ride: 2 + 1 + 2
(0) Search (cc): 0 - 1 + 1
(1) Sense Motive: 1 + 0 + 0
(0) Spot (cc): 0 + 0 + 1

Spells/Day
(1) - *

Feats
Animal Affinity

Special Abilities
Immunity (Sleep)
+2 Save (Enchantment)
Low-Light Vision
Aura of Good
Detect Evil
Smite Evil (1)
Simple & Martial Weapon Proficiency
Armor Proficiency
Shield Proficiency

Languages
Common
Elven

Possessions
Longspear (9lbs)
~Type: P
~AB: 4
~Damage: 1d8+4
~Critical: 20x3
Short Sword (2lbs)
~Type: P
~AB: 4
~Damage: 1d6+3
~Critical: 19x2
Sling (0lbs)
~Type: B
~AB: 2
~Damage: 1d4
~Critical: 20x2
~Ammunition: 10 (5lbs)
Scale Mail (30lbs)
~Type: M
~AC: 4
~MAX DEX: 3
~Check Penalty: -4
~Spell Failure: 25%
~Speed: 20ft
Buckler (5lbs)
~AC: 1
~Check Penalty: -1
~Spell Failure: 5%
Traveler’s Outfit (5lbs)
Signet Ring (0lbs)
Waterskin (4lbs)
Everburning Torch (1lb)

Weight Carried: 61lbs (Light Load = 20ft)
Light Load: 76lbs or <
Medium Load: 77lbs – 153lbs
Heavy Load: 154lbs – 230lbs
Lift Over Head: 230lbs
Lift Off Ground: 460lbs
Push or Drag: 1150lbs

Speed: 20ft

Moneys
GP – 43
SP – 9
CP – 0

Background
Bellerophon is the son of a king, from a militaristic yet beautiful land. His mother is an elven princess, whom his father married to strengthen ties between two peoples and for her exquisite grace and charm.
Bellerophon was raised as a beloved first son of two sons and daughters; a handsome prince destined to one day take his father’s throne. He denounced his claim to the throne the day he killed his brother.
Out hunting with his brother and their entourage in the woods close to one of their father’s keeps, the two young men got into a row about who the better hunter and falconer was. One thing lead to another as things concerning hot-blooded princes often do and the noble brothers challenged each other to a feat of arms. In the heat of battle, Bellerophon accidentally struck his younger brother with a fatal blow to the neck. Bellerophon looked on in horror as his brother died in his arms, murdered by his own hands and the young half-elven prince denounced his claim and vowed never to fight again unless it depended upon his life or that of another.
Bellerophon left his royal attendants to see his brother’s body taken back to his father; he left for a kingdom adjacent to his with only the clothes and items on his person to seek atonement.
When he reached the throne room of the neighboring kingdom, the king of that land welcomed the young prince as if he were his own son. His wife, a scheming queen of great beauty, welcomed him with no less vigor. The queen tried to seduce Bellerophon, and when he shunned her advances, she went to her husband and told him the young prince took advantage of her. The king was outraged; but he didn’t let Bellerophon know, for fear of the young prince returning to his father and speaking of the king’s treatment. The queen devised a plan for her husband to get rid of the lecherous prince. She told her husband to send him to a distant kingdom of a cousin, with a letter meant for only that king’s eyes. In the letter, she beseeched her cousin to kill the young prince.
The king gave the letter to Bellerophon and told him to seek atonement in the distant kingdom and make sure the letter was read by no one but that king.
Bellerophon is now currently questing for that distant kingdom, unwittingly playing messenger to his own demise.

Personality
Bellerophon is the quintessential paladin without knowing it. He strives to better himself and rid the world of Evil, mainly to make up for his brother’s murder. Even before that day he was exceptionally patient, but ever since, his tolerance of personal hardship and violence is peerless to all but flagellates.
He has vowed never to do violence again unless to protect his life or the lives of innocents and those in need.
Mainly, he keeps to himself, always reflecting on his past sins and how he can insure he never commits them again. Opposed to holding others to such extreme expectations as he holds himself to, Bellerophon very rarely chides others unless their actions are truly Evil.
Bellerophon is not an intelligent man, but even if he were, he would not use his good looks and strength to bully or coerce others.
Bellerophon is something of a gentle giant, though not very tall in height.
He doesn't know it yet, but he is destined to be one of the greatest equestrians the world has ever seen.

Description
Being the son of both an attractive elven princess and human king, Bellerophon is blessed with equal beauty through heredity. He has curly brown and gold hair that hangs down to his shoulders. He keeps himself well-groomed despite his current depressive state. His cobalt blue eyes stare blankly, both for his lack of intelligence and his internal separation from those around him.
On his right ring finger, Bellerophon wears the signet ring of his father’s house: a nude Venus wreathed in laurel.
His clothes seem to be well-kept, if not for a little road rash. His weapons and armor gleam in the sun or the magical torchlight he wields; cleanliness is next to godliness, and the arms of a soldier of Good should be just as immaculate.

[sblock=EDIT] Pretty grandiose all in all, but I had to do Bellerophon's good name proud :cool:
I might hope to attract a bard later in the campaign (not to mention a pegasus mount). He will remain humble and chivalrous until his bardic companion butters-up his ego and the young prince gets too far ahead of himself. A tragic hero...[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Malvoisin said:
I'm DMing two games here on the boards, but I've been getting the jones to play in a game as well. This looks like it may be just what the doctor ordered...
Hey! You better get back to those games ASAP, mister! ;)

Citadel is fun, so good luck all!

Grimror

First Post
After careful consideration and review, I have chosen the lucky four:

Gamad Stonegotz - Hill Dwarf Evoker (Strahd Von Zarovich)
Talus Goodfellow - Halfling Rogue (Mista Collins)
Falariel Allundrai - Elven Cleric (Malvoisin)
Hunolf Hjordsson - Human Barbarian (Boddynock)

Sorry to those of you that worked hard on your characters but were not chosen. A large deciding factor was class needs to keep a strong balanced party, and I apologize again for any inconvenience.

I'll have the IC thread up and running sometime tonight. Cheers!

Remove ads