• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy (recruitment closed to those posted)

WarlockLord

First Post
Would anybody be interested in fighting a repressive theocracy in D&D? I still have to come upwith geography, etc. But the idea is
-All non-clerical magic/psionics is hunted as heresy

-The PC's are all heretics (yes, some can be clerics not of the ONE)

Paladins will also be different. Instead of good, evil et al. being supernatural forces, they are based off of character perception. Thus, a paladin's smite works against those (s)he percieves as evil, holy smite, blasphemy works on all percieved enemies of the character/faith, and cleric alignment restrictions are removed.

The religion of the theocracy is based on a diety known as the ONE. This diety is quite oppressive, demanding complete control of everyone's lives and wholesale slaughter of heretics and "enemies of the faith," and the common people are all enthralled. Dissent with the leaders is brutally crushed. Basically, this place (The Glorious Empire of the True Believers) is a fascist state that also uses religion to control it's subjects: Think Stalinist Russia, except with undead. Reusing bodies is needed to buff up the army.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Shayuri -I've been looking for someone to do this with, and you're a pretty good gamer.

Would you be interested in playing Siblings who share a similar power? (1 sorc 1 warlock, or two of the same, but with different focus?)

Insight

Adventurer
Fighting an evil, fascist theocracy is always a fun idea for a game. I'll keep an eye out for this game if it ever develops. I'd also like to do a psionic character if possible.

Mista Collins

First Post
Depending on the level we'd be starting at, I think a ranger would be kind of interesting to play. A ranger who's favored enemy goes well with who would be hunting him. hmmmm... the ideas are already rolling.

Gnome Quixote

First Post
Definite potential for goodness, here. I've yet to pbp here at EN World, but I loves me a game with religious overtones and political intrigue.

Consider this a placeholder for a potential cleric/favored soul if this should develop.

Autumn

First Post
This seems interesting. I'd love to join in if you decide there's sufficient interest to flesh this out and make it happen.

I fancy playing a tough-talking streetfighting rabble-rouser of a bard. Sort of an antidote to the foppish lute-playing type.

fenixdown

First Post
That part about good and evil as perceptions just begs for some kind of half-crazed paladin with an unstable definition of 'evil'. Or, to take it a step further (and depending on starting levels), a rebel blackguard, who sees society as good, but wants to destroy it anyway.
Please, do elaborate, you have me interested now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads