• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy (recruitment closed to those posted)

Autumn

First Post
Well Arast can always show up to throw some Raise Deads and 'I told you so's around.

I'll be completely honest, though, because I really don't think it's helpful to just stay quiet about this sort of stuff... to put it bluntly, I think I'm going to be bowing out of the game.

I'm sorry WarlockLord, but I just don't feel we click as player and DM. Your style doesn't really fit too well with mine, and what it comes down to is that I'm just not really enjoying the game. This near-TPK aside - and respect to you for admitting that you messed up - I just dislike the whole premise of being told (almost as soon as the game starts, with no time to really get into our characters or the setting or to develop a working relationship as a party or... anything...) "go get some McGuffins and save the world".

I think you have a good imagination, and I like a lot of your concepts and ideas. Please don't take this too personally - like I said, it's really only a case of us not clicking.

Feel free to use Arast as an NPC if that would be helpful, or else kill him off or have him leave, it's all good. Hell, if somebody with a dead PC who doesn't like Vecna feels like taking him over then that'd be fine with me too.

Insight

Adventurer
To be honest, I'm a little confused by this game as well. I'll hang on for a while longer, as I don't have any other games tickling my fancy right now.

WarlockLord

First Post
No problem, Autumn.

I was thinking about not having the McGuffins, but then there was the question of "how do they fight a god?" So, yeah. Sorry.

If nobody takes Arast, I might NPC him. He's pretty cool.

The IC thread does seem to have died.

Insight, the confusion is intentional.

ethandrew

First Post
The IC has died because we are unclear the direction this has headed. Is everyone dead but Latham, Nathira, and Janelle? Who is resurrected? Are the two other guards dominated?

WarlockLord

First Post
The other two guards are dominated. Everyone is dead except Latham, Nathira, and Janelle.

If someone can get word to Shazool, everyone will be resurrected by him/associated agencies. But in short, the aforementioned three are fighting Lichy alone now. Resurrections later, as the party seems to be composed of Vecna haters.

And Arast has quit the quest to open a shrimp joint. Or something. I don't trust myself with a DMPC.

ethandrew

First Post
Hmmmm, two dominated guards, you said? Latham could have his own perverse puppet show now. You said Nathira killed the lich, or well, inconvenienced it rather, since we have no phylactery.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads