• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy (recruitment closed to those posted)

WarlockLord

First Post
Well, Latham can be saved. If you give him some good conjuration spells, such as Evard's Black Tentacles and so on, he'll do. Beguilers are harder, but I think they get that too.

Just take the free resurrection. You can cheat Vecna later. (He IS the god of treachery, and probably wouldn't mind.)

Shayuri

First Post
Beguilers really don't get any direct damage spells except for a few that are mind-effecting in nature and do subdual damage. They get some decent buffs...including some party buffs later on, and loads of interesting social/subtle/deceptive spells... But it seems like we already have an abundance of PC's that enjoy Dominate Person and the like. With the exception of Janelle, we seem to lack arcane firepower.

I'll think on it.

And I can't see Ilshana going with Vecna. :) Dead or alive, she'd definitely try to slip one past him...

Insight

Adventurer
Honestly, I'm inclined to keep playing Nathira. I don't think Caul would accept an evil god's offer, no matter what it was. Nathira is pretty bad ass. She took down a lich after all!

Question - if I play Nathira, can I bump her to the same level as the rest of the PCs?

WarlockLord

First Post
Probably not...

Feel free to bump up Nathira.

And I think Arast has raise dead (or Shazool might have some stuff. He can...acquire clerical magic. Being a mind flayer archivist/psionic theurge (or whatever those are called) give you a lot of stuff to play with. Anyone mind being resurrected by an illithid? (no pun intended)

So, if anyone wants to come back at Shazools...

Only thing is, Shazool has to know you died. So someone has to tell him. (And no, Lichy does not have a twin brother) But, if you look in the IC thread, Vecna's offer is pretty overt.

Mista Collins

First Post
sounds like the characters ran into a bit of a mess. I guess Hunter should have joined the group in looking for a fight. Undead is one of his favored enemies :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads