• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy (recruitment closed to those posted)

WarlockLord

First Post
Sadly, this is how it works. Shadowy illumination is this idiotic, crappy midway between light and darkness (see the shadow magic mystery dusk and dawn for details). This is one of the reasons that shadowcasters suck.

Also, the guards had light to play dice. When the darkness fell over it...

Sorry.

Insight

Adventurer
Well, the good news is that it isn't a TPK yet. The bad news is that we lost 3 PCs in the first round. Man, was this a bad idea.

Can we go anywhere without attracting the highest level clerics in the land right to us?

EDIT: All right, well assuming that a 28 hits the cleric, he just took 80pts of damage from Nathira, and maybe he'll fail one of the Fort saves against her Stunning Fist.

Not that it really matters, of course, because even if he's dead, we've got more coming, and they'll probably kill off the rest of the party.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Meep. And on a random fight too, not a 'boss battle.'

...and now most of us have lost a level, making us even more vulnerable. I guess this is a gentle hint that open battle is generally a bad idea. Tactics must be adjusted to guerrilla style hit and run or something...otherwise I'm at a loss.

fenixdown

First Post
Well, we were /trying/ to do a hit and run. We're just not very good at it. :\

Also, raise dead only works when the body is whole...

Edit: That was flame strike what owned us, right?

Insight

Adventurer
fenixdown said:

Well, how were we supposed to know an 18th level cleric was in the GUARD HOUSE??? It's not like we attacked the temple!

ethandrew

First Post
fenixdown said:

I would think that everyone's body would be whole. Most people died from the massive trauma, not the damage from the fire. So their bodies, while burnt, did not die from fire.

WarlockLord

First Post
He's not 18th level. I'm not that evil.

He's using Divine Metamagic. I suppose that won't spoil too much.

And no, you weren't supposed to know he was there. As a matter of fact, there was no 18th level cleric in the guard house.

And, anyone who wants to give their soul to Vecna gets a free true resurrection (the soul part, I didn't mention in the IC thread. Vecna doesn't try to publicize these things.)

Your bodies are still identifiable.

You guys are a little isolated...to my knowledge, not one of you has wandered around gathering information. Then again, this is understandable, as agents of the theocracy are everywhere.

fenixdown

First Post
So, do we know the resurrection costs one soul, or is Vecna just like "there ya go you're alive, and by the way I own you now"?

And yeah, trying to Gather Information seems like it'd be a really stupid idea, especially when Shazool knows so much anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads