• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tournament of Flowers, Part II [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

El Jefe

First Post
Boog listened to Rowan skeptically. "Well, that could take some time", he replied. "I'd like to take a look at their tracks in the daylight. If whatever took them could leave a tunnel big enought to walk through in the wall, it might leave an easy path to follow through the wilderness."

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana ponders and says "Perhaps the trail will be obvious enough that there will be no need for a skilled tracker. There were certaintly signs in the tunnel."

Juliana pauses for a second and gets a distant look, her mouth moves occasionaly like she's talking, but not always. Finaly she focusses in on the party again and says "Alessa thinks we should have someone talk to the seer."

El Jefe

First Post
One of Boog's eyebrows raised. "Alessa says?" Had the young woman attuned herself to a psicrystal? He'd considered doing that himself, but instead had spent his time working on gaining his Focus no matter how many distractions surrounded him. He'd learned that there were always circumstances that couldn't be ignored, but he had still met with considerable success in tuning them out. Well, maybe the two abilities -- his and hers -- would prove complimentary.

"I'm going to examine the area just outside the walls", he announced. "There'll either be a track that even I can follow, or there won't be. Either way, it won't take long." He strode off in the direction of yesterday's abduction.

"And if that doesn't work, I can always interrogate someone...maybe the seer", he thought to himself.

Patlin

Explorer
El Jefe said:
"I'm going to examine the area just outside the walls", he announced. "There'll either be a track that even I can follow, or there won't be. Either way, it won't take long." He strode off in the direction of yesterday's abduction.

A thorough search reveals that the long clawed digging creature left a number of tracks just outside the tunnel, but none further on. The slime trail, which you still believe to have been left by some sort of Zombie, seems to head in a southwesterly direction. Unfortunately, without more skill in tracking you quickly lose track of it.

El Jefe

First Post
Patlin said:
The slime trail, which you still believe to have been left by some sort of Zombie, seems to head in a southwesterly direction. Unfortunately, without more skill in tracking you quickly lose track of it.
It was dissapointing. There was no reason to believe that such a creature had to leave an easy trail, but one could hope. Boog sighed, and turned to his companions.

"Well, where to next?", he asked. "Try to find someone who knew these two or visit the old lady?"

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think both. Two of us can go to the Seer, and the other two can ask around here." Juliana says.

El Jefe

First Post
Manzanita said:
"I put little faith in the seer. I will find out more about these men." says Rowan.
Boog thought for a moment. If he really had solved the riddle of reading minds, it would be more useful scanning a number of prospects than it would reading a single mind. And if this seer really had the power to be of use, she might also be powerful enough to block his scanning. So Rowan wanted to question the monks, and Juliana...er, Alessa...wanted to see the seer. If two went one way and two went the other, then either he or Kirin would decide for the other. Since Kirin didn't speak up, Boog made her choice for her.

"I think I will be of more use if I go with Rowan", he announced. "I wish to see if I can read the minds of these monks."

Remove ads