• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ultimate Dungeon

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=Map Explanation]Okay, I'm going to do my best to explain the situation and let Sek rethink her move if she desires.

Xuxgu is one square above Buna, with a scorpion up-right of him and a guard drake down-right.

Buna is right below Xuxgu, directly left of the same guard drake next to Xuxgu.

Sek is two squares below that guard drake, backed up into a corner. Anywhere she would move would put her next to the guard drake, plus a crawling claw is at her feet in the same square as her. Her spirit companion is directly to her right.

Sekoqa is to the right of Sek's spirit companion, sharing a space with another crawling claw, and to his right is another guard drake.

Adjacent up-right of that guard drake is Nyjry, sharing her space with yet another crawling claw. To the up-left of Nyjry is the second scorpion.

Two squares up and one square right of Nyjry is Wil, who is down-right of the kobold. Wil is adjacent to the right wall of the room, and is six squares to the right of Xuxgu.

Not to mention the squares of difficult terrain scattering the room. The room itself is octagon-shaped, with each horizontal and vertical wall being 2 full squares in the middle and 1/2 square on each side of that. Diagonal walls connect the horizontal and vertical walls. The whole room just fits inside an 8x8 square.

I apologize once more for the lack of preparation on my part. It didn't occur to me that I wouldn't be able to attach a map. I tried that text map, but it is too complicated for my sorry untechnilogical mind. What is normally used for maps on EN World?[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Mapping]Does this look about right? Even if you don't continue using it, it's good for us all to see what's happening (I'm a very visual person, myself).
Code:
   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R 
========================================
01| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
02| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
03| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
04| . . . . . . .x.x.x.x. . . . . . . .|
05| . . . . . .x. . . . .x. . . . . . .|
06| . . . . .x. . . . . . .x. . . . . .|
07| . . . .x. . . . . . . . .x. . . . .|
08| . . . .x. . .[COLOR=DarkOrange]S1[/COLOR] . . .[COLOR=DarkOrange]K[/COLOR]. .D. . . . .|
09| . . . .x. .[COLOR=Lime]X[/COLOR]. . . . . .[COLOR=Lime]W[/COLOR].x. . . . .|
10| . . . .x. .[COLOR=Lime]B[/COLOR].[COLOR=DarkOrange]D1[/COLOR] . . . .[COLOR=DarkOrange]S2[/COLOR]x. . . . .|
11| . . . . .x. . . . . .[COLOR=Lime]N[/COLOR].x. . . . . .|
12| . . . . . .x.[COLOR=Lime]Sk[/COLOR][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sc[/COLOR][COLOR=Lime]Sq[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrange]D2[/COLOR]x. . . . . . .|
13| . . . . . . .x.x.x.x. . . . . . . .|
14| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
15| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
16| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|

[COLOR=Lime]X[/COLOR] = Xuxgu
[COLOR=Lime]B[/COLOR] = Buna
[COLOR=Lime]Sk [/COLOR]= Sek ([COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Sc[/COLOR] = Sek's spirit companion)
[COLOR=Lime]Sq [/COLOR]= Sekoqa
[COLOR=Lime]N [/COLOR]= Nyjry
[COLOR=Lime]W [/COLOR]= Wil

[COLOR=DarkOrange]S#[/COLOR] = Scorpion
[COLOR=DarkOrange]D#[/COLOR] = Guard Drake
[COLOR=DarkOrange]K[/COLOR] = Kobold
As for what people usually do, there's a number of methods. Most people attach jpgs of the map, whether it's an image made in a graphics program or a screenshot of excel or maptool or something else. I've also seen links to pictures posted on other sites, like Imageshack.

So ... I'm not sure why you can't attach a file here. Really, that shouldn't happen - I've seen loads of people do maps that way. But perhaps posting the picture on another site and linking it would work?[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc] OK if Lord Sessadore's map is correct.... my spirit comp. is gonna move to J11... just above Sekqoa.... Sek will file into her spirit comp. spot behind Sekqoa.... the bears attack stays the same... the bears target is the same.. and the person receiving the + to temp HP remains the same....

On a side note... I NEED the map to play this character.. so I hope it stays or we figure something out quick.. the shaman is a VERY tactical based class.. the map NEEDS to be there for me to play her right in battle... otherwise I'm effectively fumbling through battles and HOPING I know what I'm doing.....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=MAP THAT ACTUALLY WORKS!]Thanks so much for copying that for me! The problem was, with the first one, I couldn't figure out how to use it, but now I've got it! So here it is:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R
04| . . . . . . .x.D.x.x. . . . . . . .|
06| . . . . .x. . .D.D. . .x. . . . . .|
07| . . . .x.D. . . . . . . .x. . . . .|
08| . . . .x. .D.S1 .D. .K. .D. . . . .|
09| . . . .x. .X.D.D. . . .W.x. . . . .|
10| . . . .x. .B.D1D. .S2D.D.x. . . . .|
11| . . . . .x.D. . . . .N.x. . . . . .|
12| . . . . . .x.SkScSqD2x. . . . . . .|
13| . . . . . . .x.x.D.x. . . . . . . .|

A foolish mistake on my part. I was using the wrong font and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. >XP

Also I added the rubble (difficult terrain), indicated by a gray 'D.' Also, Wil, Drake 1, Sek, and Sek's spirit companion are standing on rubble. Plus, there is a Crawling Claw in Sek's space, Sekoqa's space, and Nyjry's space (because they are Tiny sized, so they can only attack if they are occupying your space. As far as I know, entering your space doesn't provoke an opportunity attack).

Again, I apologize to the visual people. From now on, I use this! And much thanks for the help getting this, Sessadore and Nerdytenor![/sblock]Sek and the bear creep towards Sekoqa and the hand, Sek unleashing the thunder from his totem. The hand is blown off Sekoqa, splattering into the wall.

Sekoqa gives a nod of thanks, also functioning as an apology for having a similar name.

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Buna gets +3 temp. HP..... and we all gain resistance 3 to all damage when next to my spirit animal.. so this is where we all FORM UP around the bear spirit leaving once space open for it to move into and attack and use it as a HUGE tactical advantage peoples! heh....[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Reeling from the bite to her leg, Buna steps towards the comforting glow of the spirit companion while lashing out at the drake with both scourges.

OOC: Dual strike hits AC 24 for 5 damage, AC 19 for 10 damage or 15 damage total. Shift one square SE

[sblock=Buna Stat Block]
Buna, Elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14
AC 17, Fort 15, Reflex 14, Will 12
HP 10/27 +3 tmp, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 12/12
Speed 7, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Encounter Resources
Spinning Sweep
Elven Accuracy
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Tempest Dance
[/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
Nyjry's greataxe slices all around her, missing the two larger targets, but somehow hitting the small hand at her feet, cleaving it in half.

[sblock=Great Cleave]I figured that since Great Cleave is a close burst 1, and the hand is technically in that burst, you attacked it too. You got a 16 vs. AC, which hit, killing it. Next in initiative order is Wil, but Xuxgu and Buna will get their chance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
. . .A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R
04| . . . . . . .x.D.x.x. . . . . . . .|
06| . . . . .x. . .D.D. . .x. . . . . .|
07| . . . .x.D. . . . . . . .x. . . . .|
08| . . . .x. .D.S1 .D. .K. .D. . . . .|
09| . . . .x. .X.D.D. . . .W.x. . . . .|
10| . . . .x. .B.D1D. .S2D.D.x. . . . .|
11| . . . . .x.D. . .Sc .N.x. . . . . .|
12| . . . . . .x.C1SkSqD2x. . . . . . .|
13| . . . . . . .x.x.D.x. . . . . . . .|
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Alright! Glad I could help :) I actually thought of putting that map together and posting it sooner, but I couldn't quite figure out the dimensions of the room, and it looks like I would've totally screwed up placement anyway ;) [/sblock]
Wil glares at the kobold, the little reptilian runt who just tried to impale him. "I do not belong on a spit, whelp!" he growls at the reptilian creature. Inside, he can feel the beast again, clawing to be free. Trusting his instincts once again, the eladrin surrenders to the impulse. With a sound like something tearing horrifically, Wil's form melts and reforms ... into a lean, black wolf. With another growl and a terrible howl, the wolf strikes out at the kobold, shoving the small humanoid back a step. Then the wolf bounds over to Sek's ethereal bear, basking in the protection emanating from the ghostly creature.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Wild Shape to beast form
Standard: Savage Rend vs. kobold: 1d20+3=21 vs. Ref, 1d8+3=8 damage. On a hit, slide the kobold to K7.
Move: to J10.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads