• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Ultimate Dungeon

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=Risk Opportunity Attack?]Wil can not move to J10 without provoking an opportunity attack from the scorpion.
. . .A B C D E F G H
. . . . .x.D.x.x
1 . . .x. . . . .x
2 . .x. . .d.d. . .x
3 .x.d. . . . .K. . .x
4 .x. .d.S1 .d. . . .x
5 .x. .X.d.d. . . .W.x
6 .x. .B.D1d. .S2d.d.x
7 . .x.d. . .Sc .N.x
8 . . .x.C1SkSqD2x
. . . . .x.x.D.x
I condensed the map a little bit, hopefully making it easier. Also, if a creature is underlined, that means they're standing on difficult terrain, just so you remember. J10 becomes E6. As you can see, Wil must risk moving past a monster to get there. Would you like to rethink that action? The attack does hit and push the kobold.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah, I realize it will provoke an OA. I was thinking I'd take my chances (Wil's pretty sturdy for a controller) and rally up with the rest of the party around Sekoqa's companion. Though, now that you mention it, moving to what is now D6 might be a better move tactically. I believe that move would also have to provoke an OA.

So, in summary, I'm ok with taking an OA. Wil can move to either D6 or E6, depending on whether you are ok with retconning like that.[/sblock]

Camelot

Adventurer
Wil dashes past the scorpion, which strikes out at him with its claws. It misses him by a hair, and Wil makes it to a position next to the bear spirit and the drake next to Buna and Xuxgu. The drake looks back and forth at Wil and Buna, realizing that it's flanked!

The kobold watches Wil run by for a moment, then gives chase. It stabs at Wil with its spear once again, this time striking him in the back.[sblock=Damage]3 damage. Wil's HP --> 25.[/sblock]Xuxgu swings at the drake but misses, then turns to the scorpion.

Buna jabs twice at the drake, hitting it both times. Blood splatters all over the floor; the drake is bloodied! Buna then moves closer to the spirit.

The crawling claw leaps at Buna as he gets closer. It's jagged yellow fingernails scratch the elf's left elbow.[sblock=Damage]2 damage. Buna's temporary HP --> 1. Buna is still bloodied, though![/sblock]It then lands at Buna's feet.

The drake also responds to Buna's attack with a lashing of teeth. Buna, though hurt, is able to dodge the maw of the lizard.

The other drake attacks Nyjry. This one manages to chomp down on her leg. Nyjry rips her leg free, but pays with a gaping wound.[sblock=Damage]19 damage! Nyjry's HP --> 2! Nyjry is severely bloodied.[/sblock]The scorpion next to Xuxgu grabs him with a claw, pinching the minotaur's muscles.[sblock=Damage]8 damage. Xuxgu's HP --> 21. Xuxgu is grabbed by Stormclaw Scorpion 1 until escape.[/sblock]The other scorpion attacks the injured Nyjry.[sblock=Damage]8 damage. Nyjry's HP --> -6. The scorpion doesn't bother grabbing you once it sees that your body is limp.[/sblock]Nyjry falls unconscious to the ground, her energy spent.

Sekoqa gasps as Nyjry falls and slashes out at the drake that hurt her so much. He uses his wiles to feint a fumble at the drake and then sneak in an attack.[sblock=Positioning Strike]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2033506/ A critical hit! 13 damage, and he slides the drake 1 square.[/sblock]The drake stumbles and moves closer to the scorpion nearby.

Sek's turn is next.

[sblock=OOC]Don't you hate it when all the monsters and NPCs are right in order? Well, I do. =)[/sblock][sblock=Map]. . .A B C D E F G H
. . . . .x.D.x.x

1 . . .x. . . . .x
2 . .x. . .d.d. . .x
3 .x.d. . . . . . . .x
4 .x. .d.S1 .d. . . .x
5 .x. .X.d.K. . . .d.x
6 .x. . .D1W. .S2d.d.x
7 . .x.d.B. .ScD2N.x
8 . . .x.d.SkSq .x
. . . . .x.x.D.x[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Sek snarls at the scopion that felled Nyjry and roars like a bear herself as he spirit companion looks back at and seemingly nods to her. The Bear flutters a moment in shape and form as burst flares from his forehead and rushes to Nyjrys aid! After sending it's healing energies to Nyjry the bear turns to the scorpion(D2) that inflicted the downing blow to Nyjry and extracts revenge....
[sblock=Actions:]
Minor Action: Healing Spirit Encounter Special (Healing, Primal)
Minor Action Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge. If the target
does so, one ally adjacent to your spirit companion, other
than the target, regains 1d6 hit points.
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round.
(Nyjry can spend a healing surge and Sekqoa gains 1d6=6 HP's Back for being next to my bear.)
Standard Action: Attack Roll: 1d20+4=19, 1d8+3=5
Daily:
Spirit of The Healing Flood (Healing, Implement, Primal)
Standard Action Close burst 5
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: +4 (Wis+Feat) vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d8+3 damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you and each ally in the burst gain regeneration 2 while bloodied. As a minor action, a character can end this effect on himself or herself to regain 10 hit points.
(If that hits 5 damage to the scorpion... Also myself, Sekqoa, Nyjry, Buna, and Wil gain regen 2 while bloodied.)
Move Action: shifting up just one square so my bear spirit is directly between Sek and D2.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
Nyjry comes to on the cold stone floor, the battle still raging around her. She can't really tell how long it has been since she got knocked out, but that doesn't matter. She must keep fighting.[sblock=Nyjry]Nyjry spends a healing surge and now has 9 left. She is restored to 7 HP. However, she is prone and must take a move action to stand up.[/sblock]Sek then raises her spear, and a mighty flood washes over the battle, filling the entire room. Everyone, even Sek, is stunned to see the damage it does to their enemies, but also that it brings renewed strength to them.[sblock=Spirit of the Healing Flood]This targets every enemy in the burst 5, which is every enemy in the room, so I rolled the rest for you: Roll Lookup 17 vs. Guard Drake 1, 21 vs. Guard Drake 2, 11 vs. Crawling Claw 1, 11 vs. Kobold Skirmisher, and 16 vs. Stormclaw Scorpion 1. The attack you rolled was against Stormclaw Scorpion 2 (S2 on the map, not D2). So here are the results of that attack.[/sblock]The drakes and the scorpions feel the greatest effects of the attack, while the kobold only takes minor wounds. The claw hides under Buna's feet and is unaffected.[sblock=Damage]Drakes and scorpions take 5 damage each, kobold takes 2, and claw is unaffected, because minions don't get hurt by missed attacks. Both drakes are bloodied (if I haven't told you that already). Also, everyone gains regeneration 2 when they are bloodied until the end of the encounter. You can end this effect by spending a minor action, and you gain 10 HP by doing so.[/sblock][sblock=Xuxgu]When your turn comes up, would you like to use a move action to try and escape the grab in addition to your attack?[/sblock][sblock=Map]. . .A B C D E F G H
. . . . .x.D.x.x
1 . . .x. . . . .x
2 . .x. . .d.d. . .x
3 .x.d. . . . . . . .x
4 .x. .d.S1 .d. . . .x
5 .x. .X.d.K. . . .d.x
6 .x. . .D1W. .S2d.d.x
7 . .x.d.B.SkScD2N.x
8 . . .x.d.d.Sq .x
. . . . .x.x.D.x[/sblock]It is now Nyjry's turn.

Camelot

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Still waiting for Nyjry, then Wil. Is anyone else experiencing technical difficulty receiving emails from EN World? I am, and I don't know who to tell about it. If this is why posts have declined, I understand![/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads