• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Underdark Primeval [IC]

silentspace

First Post
The bugbear shakes as he responds to Dargo

"You can trust me now! My mind is free I swear! I want to flee, but its not so easy to leave the city. You are very powerful, but there are many guards. But if you want to go on, the city is not far. There is a cavern first though, that is where the guards are. There is another troll there, guarding the cavern, a big one. As big as this one, if not bigger. He's standing in the middle of the cavern with two armored duergar. They aren't alone though! When we passed em, three trogs jumped out at us from the walls, just to scare us and have a laugh. They weren't the ones laughing though. The laughing was coming from above. It's a high cavern, with ledges. There are drow and svirfneblin up there, laughing. There are a lot of them. Maybe 10 drow and 10 svirfneblin more or less, well hidden. There are torches at the entrance of the cavern, which you'll have to pass to get in, so they know you'll be coming."

Turning to Morph, the bugbear continues

"After that, there's not much more. The tunnel leads to the city. There's no guards there, you should be able to slip into the city easily. The city is in a great cavern, filled with thick stone towers and surrounded by svirfneblin tunnels."

After pausing for a moment of thought, he continues.

"There's a tunnel nearby, I've seen lizards coming up from there carrying loads of mushrooms. I bet there are mushroom caverns nearby. Maybe if you get by the guards I can help you sneak through the city, and maybe there's a place in the mushroom caverns for me to hide."

The bugbear looks at the group hopefully.

Solli sneaks up the tunnels, a mere shadow among the rocks. Eventually he sees the tunnel widening out into a large cavern ahead. There are torches placed at the entrance to the tunnel, illuminating it brightly. There isn't much chance of sneaking past the light undetected. Beyond the lit cavern entrance, he sees nothing.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I wonder if those side caverns that Vuoor, Denasa and I fought the Kuo-toa link to the city at all? Bear, are there any kuo-toa enthralled to the 'flayers?" says Morph.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden, Half Deep Dragon Rng/Ftr HP: 83 AC:19

Dargo waited for the response to Morph's question.

Remove ads