The village of Prumen

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
He get a box out of his backpack and present it to you. "Pleazzzze , bring thast to ze conzelor in the zity of Prummmmen, Vyou will be rewarrrded accorrrdingly"

Dai nods at the small man, "a go fast; it safe wit me." Taking the box, "a go now," with that he departs gathering his things for the trip and then heading out despite the late night.

OOC: the accent of the little man, inspired me to go completely accent crazy, but then toned it down cause i could hardly read it

DarkMaster

First Post
Ferrix said:
Dai nods at the small man, "a go fast; it safe wit me." Taking the box, "a go now," with that he departs gathering his things for the trip and then heading out despite the late night.

OOC: the accent of the little man, inspired me to go completely accent crazy, but then toned it down cause i could hardly read it
Right before you leave the little man tells you "Remember, Zo not open ze box under zany zircumztance, Ze conzelor vill pay Vyou at rezeption of ze box"

You know pretty well the road to get to Prumen, you already had a few orders to this village. With your speed you will probably get there around 9am-10am depending on the weather. For now the sky is clear.
[OCC feel free to buy anything you need before leaving, I will wait for others to reply before I continue your thread]

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
Oculus, Human Cloistered Cleric/Domain Wizard

Oculus grins at Captain Farimond. "Captain Farimond, since we were never properly introduced, I am Oculus, and this here is my good friend Jasper. If you're going to pose as adventurers, it might be best if Jasper, Valeria and I pose as University students as Jasper suggested, and make it appear as if we're separate groups. Two smaller groups will probably draw less attention then one large one. Don't worry about the acting part, Jasper and I are very good with this cover identity. And Valeria doesn't really need to worry about it too much. She can just be my fiancee. That way we'll be two groups, your group of five adventurers, and our group of three students. How does that sound?"

When Jasper talks to Oculus in private, Oculus replies in the same low voice, in the Celestial tongue. "We should talk in different languages. There's probably less chance of being understood, even if we are overheard. We can use a different language each time, even."

"I'm paranoid too. Valeria wouldn't tell me what our mission is either. She said she's under Oath not to reveal the objective of the mission. That's a little crazy, don't you think? I might try to Charm one of the other soldiers, discreetly, if we get a chance, see if we can get some more info. I wonder if we can pull something like that off without them knowing? Maybe if you help with a little distraction? I think Valeria is probably the only one who knows any spellcraft, so the others probably won't know what I'm casting, if they notice at all."

silentspace

First Post
Continuing the conversation with Jasper, ind Draconic, Oculus says "Tomorrow, I think we should both memorize the Message spell, what do you think?"

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus will get up out of bed, belt on his sword, move to the door yawning, and open it.

"What is it soldier? What's the problem?"
"Lieutnant, quickly outside .... the mayor's brother corpse is in the street with four arrows in the chest ... and part of his body seems to be... eaten" The guard is completly terrified "Lieutnant, who could have done that? Should I wake up the captain? Should we wake up Father Morribond?".
The guard really seems to be loosing it.

DarkMaster

First Post
silentspace said:
Oculus grins at Captain Farimond. "Captain Farimond, since we were never properly introduced, I am Oculus, and this here is my good friend Jasper. If you're going to pose as adventurers, it might be best if Jasper, Valeria and I pose as University students as Jasper suggested, and make it appear as if we're separate groups. Two smaller groups will probably draw less attention then one large one. Don't worry about the acting part, Jasper and I are very good with this cover identity. And Valeria doesn't really need to worry about it too much. She can just be my fiancee. That way we'll be two groups, your group of five adventurers, and our group of three students. How does that sound?"
The captain listen to you carefully and replies "I like the idea" Both of you notice that he seems quite relief probably because he won't have to deal with you but you can't really say.

"So you will go in first and pretend whatever, and we will get in the village a few hours later" He doesn't give you much choice, this last sentence sounded more like an order than a question.

As Valeria is approaching the scene talking with the other female soldier, the captain walks towards her. They both stop and start talking to each other, they are too far for any of you to hear what they are saying. The captain seems from his corporal expression to be given her some last orders.

Most of the group is changed now, they look like an average adventuring party, Valeria put on a nice dress, she looks gorgeous. You only see one potential problem how people will deal with all those tatoo in a small village. Traditionnal village usually have a hard time accepting people that are different. [OOC Since none of you has knowledge local I can't say more :D ]

[OOC I assume Jasper is more shy, that is why most of the interaction is done with Oculus]

Cannibal_Kender

First Post
Marcus swears under his breath.

"Tell me exactly where the corpse is", he says.

Marcus will get directions, then place a hand on the man's shoulder.

"You need to calm down. This looks to be a bad situation, but we've handled those before. We can't have a panic here. Take a few deep breaths, then go get the captain. I'm going to check out the body. Bring the captain there."

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

Jasper will reply to Oculus, also in Draconic. "I don't think charming one of the soldiers would help, and charming the captain would be awfully risky. Then again, he doesn't look like he'd be too resistant. Having message ready is a good idea, I'll do that."

After Valeria returns and the captain speaks to them again, Jasper will just nod and wait for the group to continue.

DarkMaster

First Post
Cannibal_Kender said:
Marcus swears under his breath.

"Tell me exactly where the corpse is", he says.

Marcus will get directions, then place a hand on the man's shoulder.

"You need to calm down. This looks to be a bad situation, but we've handled those before. We can't have a panic here. Take a few deep breaths, then go get the captain. I'm going to check out the body. Bring the captain there."
The young militian finally calm down. He look at you with his terrified eyes, probably the first time he sees someone being murder, and it seems quite brutal.

"I heard animals noises behind the town center, when I got there I saw large rats that were on top of what I though was a pile of garbage, but as I approach I notice that it was a body, and I recognize the mayor's brother and I came directly here running"

While he tells you the story you notice that there is blood all around the bottom of his boots, wouldn't it be from your ability to notice detail you probably wouldn't have notice it. You can clearly see that he or someone tried very quickly to clean them up.

"Since you ask me, I will go get the captain, I know he doesn't like to be disturb at night that is why I came to see you first". "Oh and should I go tell the mayor about his brother's fate?

Remove ads