The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"I'm not very stealthy, but I will help as best as I can." Glaive says.

Shayuri

First Post
(Hee...okay, I think we need an OOC moment here to get the plan straight for ourselves, and the GM :)

As I understand it, we're going to:

1) Consult with the captain and let him know what we've found.
2) Conspire to set up an ambush for this traitor, ideally one that won't alert the rest of the crew to what we're doing, since we don't know if he's the only one.
3) We'll interrogate the traitor, using mindreading from Doral to verify facts and get additional details.
4) Whisper will then take the traitor's place and go to the meeting with the rest of the party not far off using stealth and magic to stay hidden.
5) Depending on how the meeting goes, we may either let it end peacefully (to maintain the deception) or initiate combat.

Does that sound about right to everyone? :))

SelcSilverhand

First Post
With a plan in mind, you approach the captain in his tent and fill him in on all that you've discovered. He is furious that a traitor is in his midst, though he is slightly relieved that the man is a mercenary and not one of his sailors. After a brief consultation together you decide how to get the man away from the camp. The captain will send him off to retrieve another load of some local fruit. While they normally send men in pairs, he doesn't think the man will raise a fuss if he is involved in a conspiracy. Dorel fashions a sap and slips away from camp ahead of the others to lie in wait. the rest of you wait for his signal once he has waylaid the traitor.
The scarred man, called Buriss according to the captain, leaves the camp soon afterwards carrying an empty burlap sack. Dorel's years of experience following a mark gives him an edge as he stalks the man. Dorel waits for the right moment before stepping from the brush and striking the man in the back of the head. He goes down with a low grunt and sprawls out on the ground.
Back at the camp, the rest of the group busies themselves helping pack up gear while keeping one eye towards the jungle. Nearly a half hour goes by and you are starting to get worried when you see the signal; two short flashes of light from a hand mirror. Dorel's hunt was a success. Your group slips away from the camp into the jungle and make your way to where you saw the flashes. Dorel leads you back to the fallen man and together you move him farther away from the camp.
Near the edge of the slope you find a small clearing around a shallow pond. You set Buriss down against a tree and tie him in place. A bucket full of slimy pond water tossed on the man helps to wake him up. He glares about him with a fierce look in his eye and growls something through the cloth gag in his mouth.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Personally, I'd suggest you might want to behave yourself. My ape friend here is generally well-controlled, but all the undead attacks have left him quite agitated and excitable, and I can't promise that overt hostility won't set him off, nor can I promise I'd be able to restrain him before he did you irreparable harm. Much as people may have the misconception that a druid's companion is some kind of pet, Garuk is very much still a wild animal, if you understand me?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"And if you ain't worried about the monkey," says Kraken, drawing his falchion, "worry about me, eh? I don't give a pair of mouldy rat's kidneys about laws and other things that might bother these civilised folks. I promise you that I'd have no problem chopping off your feet and feeding them to you if you don't play nice."

His normal jokey demeanour is replaced with one of icy seriousness. The cold, empty wildness of a stormy sea is in his voice.

Remove ads