The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"My Allies? You mean my brothers, the Servants of Flame and Shadow. They're powerful, more than you can ever realize. I saw my fair share of fighting and horrors in the years past, but the things they are capable of... well lets just say I think I've chosen the winning side. Its already too late for you, they're on their way here. The darkness heralds their coming." He jerks his chin towards the sun beginning to slide lower in the horizon. Sunset is only a few hours off. "But you're not fools, I can see that. Your skills are for hire, otherwise you wouldn't be working for a Great House. Sell us your contract, your loyalty, and you'll have life and a place among the immortals."

Dorel
[SBLOCK]
You sense the man believes what he is saying. He expects his allies to respond to your presence with force, and soon. He does not know what form their attack will take, but had planned on advising them to kill everyone on shore and aboard the boat, fancying becoming the captain of the ship in the aftermath.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral rolls his eyes as he hides his growing anxiety, "Servants of Flame and Shadow? Big name for a group of which we've never heard. Why do you feel we would fit with such a band? Who are they? Why would our goals be theirs? And what kind of reward can they bring? Gold? We already are being offered gold from our own employer."

Shayuri

First Post
A hooded figure watches from behind the prisoner. After a few minutes into the interrogation, he removes his hood to reveal the same face as that of the prisoner himself. They could be twins. He stays out of sight from the prisoner, listening and observing.

After Doral's questions, he adds in a quiet voice, "What's the name of the contact you are supposed to meet tonight?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"You've never heard their name because they work in secret. I tell you who they are because you will either work for them or die, and in undeath serve them still. Their power is growing steadily and soon will have enough to crush any in their path. You know the value of gold, if you die you'll never have the chance to spend your payment from Tharask. Work for them and you will be paid far beyond what Tharask has given you. Gold, land, power, women, you could have it all. They have already paid me more than I ever made fighting in The War.
I do not know who they will send, one of their brotherhood I assume, with enough force to kill everyone aboard your ship. All the more reason to free me and let me intercede for you. Serving them is the only way you will survive this night. You have until the latest part of the night to make your choice."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Though Midian appears calm enough, his ape companion is clearly becoming agitated. He pounds the ground with his fists several times before a restraining hand from the druid stills him.

"We know you aren't alone in your betrayal of this mission. Who else from the ship is a part of this?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken snorts, and hefts his falchion.

"I've had about enough of this festering pile," he says with a growl. "Listen, you scumbag. Some of us are doing this so that decent folk can live their lives without being slaughtered by unnatrual filth like wulgaru deadfellas. We aren't all cowardly bloody toerags like you." He moves in suddenly and grabs the man by the throat, pulling him away from his mirror-image in Whisper.

"Play it how you like. My friends here can rip the information from your mind, but if you make them do that rather than tell us who you're working with, I'll be forced to tear your head off and shove it up your arse."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
DM
[sblock]
Is Doral picking up any additional mind reads?
[/sblock]

Doral
[SBLOCK]
So far the man has been truthful in everything he has said. His thoughts are mostly turned to his own survival, as evidenced by his attempts to win you over to his side. When Midian asks about a partner on the ship his mind races furiously and the name "Kevik" comes up as well as a place, a tidal pool nearly a mile from the ship in the direction they went to make the signal fire. You recognize the man as another mercenary, an archer. The man offers up a different name to the others however.
[/SBLOCK]

In Kraken's grip the man chokes out a name, "Ruoark! He's the one".

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Thanks mate," says Kraken, releasing his grip and shoving the man away. He paces back and forth, full of pent energy. "That name mean anything to you folks?" he asks the rest of the group.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Yes. I think we need to decide what to do with this man and then I have a good idea of our next course of action. I don't want to explain while he is within earshot, however. Do we want to turn him over to the Captain? Or if you prefer, you can leave him here with some of us more willing to do the bloody work. I'm not a sadist. I won't make it painful." Doral pats his dagger while staring somberly at the prisoner.

Remove ads