The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive standing next to Kraken, ready to protect him until he awakes. He utters more dark words that hurt the ears and cracks crystals.

[sblock=ooc]

using shatter on the crystal once more.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
(OOC - I'm so confused. I thought Whisper was out of magic. I've been sitting here trying to figure this out. Selc, what's going on, man? :) )

OOC: Sorry, I should have been clearer. I had a listing of all spells cast, and here is what I figured you had left when I posted it:
3rd level - 1
2nd level - 1
1st level - 0

I've been casting MM with the higher level slots since then. I've had your character cast MM 3 times since then, so I think we're actually 1 over at this point. I think you still have the option of using action points to recall spells and recast them.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry...this should be in the OOC forum, but how do you use Action Points to recover spell slots? Also, if Whisper had a 3rd level slot, she'd have used it to cast Manyjaws, not Magic Missile. :))

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: One AP restores one spell previously cast., but for spontaneous casters you need to use the point when you cast the spell, and the slot isn't spent. Maybe Selc will be generous...

Spell Recal

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
I'd say go ahead and use the AP's now and recover them since that's what you would have done. That gives you a 3rd and 2nd slot back. Gotta save the druid somehow!

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As the beast opens its jaws wide again to swallow the druid Whisper summons a swirling vortex of snapping jaws and teeth. She sends them straight down the beasts gullet where they rend and decimate the pseudo-flesh and fossilized bone. Doral's missiles follow in close behind and slam into the crystal shard hanging in the back. From across the room Glaive shouts more words in the Dark Speech that causes your ears to burn. The skull reels backwards and shakes itself which sends bits and pieces of itself in all directions. In its final moments it gapes its mouth open wide and descends towards Midian. In one last desperate lunge, Midian forces his arm upward into that horrible maw. He feels the end of his wand crunch as it punches through the roof of its mouth into the brain cavity before the wand discharges.

The massive skull crashes down onto Midian but the jaws do not close. The animating force dissipating as the last shards of the crystal break free and fall to the ground. There is a black amorphous cloud that rises from the shattered skull. Its form rapidly begins to dissipate as it flies around the room trying to touch each of you but seeming to find no place to settle. With a final shriek inside your minds the last bits of it fade away. From beneath the pile of bone you hear Midian struggling beneath the heavy weight as he starts to pull himself free.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Manyjaws (6d6=23)
Magic Missile (3d4+3=9)
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Garuk clambers over, no longer held at bay by his druid's commands to stay out of battle as there is no longer a battle. The bloodied ape wrenches at the inanimate bone to help Midian extricate himself.

"Did we ... ? Is it over?" he says, not quite believing they've managed to stop the gigantic monstrosity.

Remove ads