The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Shayuri

First Post
"If I can get a good look at some of them, I can take their forms," Whisper muses. "No end of mischief we can get up to then. That plus Doral's magic... The downside is that if they're engaged in actual fighting, rather than just a stand-off, then it means both sides will probably attack us if we're discovered... Wheras if we introduce ourselves, they may both seek to USE us, which gives us an opportunity to use them."

She shrugs. "Risks and rewards either way. The longer we stay here though, the more chance they'll see us and react. Lets decide what we want to do, then get it done."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Admittedly, there is a certain charm to your idea of just walking up and announcing ourselves. Do you see a way we may get closer first in order to make more sense of the situation on the ground before we decide to reveal ourselves? Information may be our strongest weapon."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Depending on how hunter-happy they are, I could see if I can make it in shaped like something nonthreatening," Midian offers. "I can choose fairly small forms at this point, so I might conceivably be mistaken for nothing more than a native insect.

"Or I might be able to glean at least some numbers in an earth gliding form,"
he says.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19

Conditions: None.

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, Resinous Skin, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 3/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I didn't think there was anything non-threatening here, eh?" says Kraken with a wry grin. He gestures aimlessly. "All three of you are better at the sneaky stuff than me, reckon it's best if you come up with the details, eh?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral answers, "I believe Midian has the best chance out of all of us in regards to getting closer and finding out the information we lack. And to reconnoiter for the best avenue of our future approach."

Shayuri

First Post
"I can go invisibly," Whisper points out. "They can't keep detection spells going constantly. I'm concerned they may have a 'shoot first' policy when it comes to animals coming out of the mist of the Mourning. Who could blame them?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Not me," says Kraken darkly, fingering the hilt of his falchion. "Not after the last few days. Trouble is they'll probably also have a shoot-to-kill policy for wandering mercenaries and invisible spies, eh? Still, no use sitting around like a pack of drunken wombats. What happens, happens, eh?""

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rules question: wildshaping to earth elemental includes earth gliding, but I can't seem to find any mention of how you 'see' while gliding, even in the description for the full elemental. I assume you have to be able to see something, but I can't figure out what, how much, or how far. It seems vaguely logical to me that gliding just beneath the surface should provide some level of information on what's on the ground just above you, but I can't find any actual rules on that. [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Rules question: wildshaping to earth elemental includes earth gliding, but I can't seem to find any mention of how you 'see' while gliding, even in the description for the full elemental. I assume you have to be able to see something, but I can't figure out what, how much, or how far. It seems vaguely logical to me that gliding just beneath the surface should provide some level of information on what's on the ground just above you, but I can't find any actual rules on that. [/sblock]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Apparently we're not the first to discover this issue.

Pathfinder gave them Tremorsense at all ages, solving the problem of sensing enemies. My addition will be this: Air spaces, water, lava, etc all sense as voids and it has no ability to see anything in those areas. Anything moving around on the ground registers as sound vibrations through the stone using tremorsense. In order to see into the voids the elemental would have to "surface" and switch to it's other senses, which is where the darkvision would come in.

So you would be able to navigate under the ground, tell if something is moving around up there, but wouldn't be able to "see" the camp unless you surfaced.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods, then sighs. "All right. I'm not much good at sneaking around, even invisible and I don't know a spell to make myself magically quiet. Midian, let me make you invisible at least. It may at least buy you some time even if something goes wrong. It won't last long...but it could give you an edge."

With the druid's agreement, she casts the spell on him.

"The rest of us should get out of sight until he gets back."

Remove ads