The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I can park the rumbleball underground, with the top spikes sticking out so you can find us," says Kraken. "Reckon it won't look too odd round here, eh?"

OOC: I presume I can do this. Take10 on the drive check for a 12 if numbers are required.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral

"I agree with this plan. I can make our group both invisible and silent, but only for minutes at a time. This might work if we approached under cover, but this land is quite barren."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Midian shifts his form, his skin turning brown then pebbly, until his shape is an indistinct pile of rock and soil. Whisper casts her invisibility spell and he vanishes. There is a feeling of movement, and the dirt under where he stood churns for a moment before becoming still once more. Kraken ushers you back to the Rumbleball and closes it up before sinking beneath the ground as well. You wait in the dark for word from Midian.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
The journey through the stone is a new experience for you. You see nothing but instead build a sort of mental map of what is ahead of you. You can feel the open air of the sky above and the vast depths of the earth beneath you. It is like swimming on the surface over open ocean. You wonder if anything from those depths can look upwards and see you. The equivalent of a shark of the earth. You mentally shudder at the image and shake it off as you return to the task at hand. You cruise under the broken terrain above you until you reach the outermost edge of the gnomish camp. You can sense some objects above you. Poles of metal have been driven a few feet into the earth around the camp, somewhat like a fence. You sense numerous individuals moving about the camp. You guesstimate that there are nearly thirty of them up there. Beneath many of the tents you sense voids all interconnected together. A warren perhaps. You get an uneasy sensation along your body but can't quite identify the source. After a moment it passes and you return to your study. Regular foot patrols move along the inside of the fence line of about 3 individuals in each patrol. One of the tunnels extends outside of the line of fences. It feels large enough that a medium sized figure to could just barely squeeze through it. It extends outwards away from the camp and away from the Archon. You mentally trace another tunnel currently being excavated towards the Wreck itself. You can hear hammers, shovels, and picks tearing through the... there it is again. It is the feeling you sense when in the wilds. You get the feeling that something is hunting you.

OOC - I need to know the size of elemental you are and whether or not you want to surface to look around.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Without much more to learn, and sensing something dangerous in the area, Midian beats a hasty retreat to the Rumbleball to disclose his findings to the others.

OOC - Midian reports everything contained in the SBLOCK from the above post.

jkason

First Post
Without much more to learn, and sensing something dangerous in the area, Midian beats a hasty retreat to the Rumbleball to disclose his findings to the others.

OOC - Midian reports everything contained in the SBLOCK from the above post.

OOC: Blargh. Sorry about that. I thought I was caught up, but clearly I dropped the ball. Thanks as always for keeping things moving, Selc!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral says, "At least we now know they have not reached the Archon yet. I wonder how far away they are, however. It would seem that we need to sabotage their effort somewhat, but would only want to do so when they are nearly finished so that we might benefit from their efforts."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken ponders.

"Something hunting in the ground, you say?" he says. "Wonder if it's hunting the gnomes too, or if it works for them, eh?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Hm. From Midian's description, the gnomes have a lot of underground work," Whisper muses. "If it was hunting them, what's it waiting for? I think it's more likely they Bound earth elementals, or xorn perhaps...called them here and set them to patrol the area around their digs to keep it safe from enemy mages sending more of the same after them."

"The question is...can we use that? Hmm."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"There are some earth-shaping magics that I might be able to use against them, but none that I'll have access to until I can commune again in the morning," Midian offers. "And even then, nothing that would let me control the creatures.

Still, I can summon more of my own. If we were planning on setting the two camps against one another, that might have some potential uses?"
he offers, raising his eyebrow for the opinions of the more devious-minded in the group.

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19

Conditions: None.

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, Resinous Skin, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral Kinsman

"I am beginning to worry that the two camps may be operating in conjunction. You mentioned that the shafts being dug were interconnected. I expected two different set of tunnels racing towards their objective. Their connectivity implies that they may be helping each other, making it harder for us to set one against the other."

Remove ads