• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Nah mate," says Kraken. "I thought you said two tunnels from the gnome camp, eh? One goes toward the wreck - like you'd expect, the other away - maybe trying to get under the Brelanders, or making a getaway tunnel?" He turns to Midian for clarity.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"The tunnels were such that a human could fit, but it seemed like they'd be in pretty tight quarters," Midian offers. "If the gnomes were working with them, I'd think they'd not keep the tunnels small-sized."

[sblock=ooc]I'm not entirely sure. If I'm reading it right, there was a tunnel going toward the wreck, and one going an unidentified somewhere else. I may have missed a check to figure out if it was headed toward the other camp.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:
[b]HP:[/b] 66/66       
[b]AC:[/b] 21        [b]AC(T):[/b] 14    [b]AC(FF):[/b] 18 
Wildshape base AC: 15
Medium/Huge Animal AC: 17
Medium Magical Beast AC: 19

Conditions: None.

[b]Init:[/b] +02
[b]BAB:[/b] +6/+1     [b]CMB/CMD:[/b] +8/22     [b]ACP:[/b] -3     
[b]Perception:[/b] +17

Saving Throw    Base   Mod   Misc*  Total
Fort:            06     1     +2    +9      
Ref:             02     2     +2    +6       
Will:            06     6     +2    +14

* Cloak +2
Conditional: +4 vs. spell-like fey & plant effects (Resist Nature's Lure)
Resist Cold 10

[b]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/b]
Shortspear................+8.....1d6+2.........x2
Shortspear, full attack...+8/+3..1d6+2/1d6+2...x2
Shortspear, thrown........+8.....1d6+1.........x2, range 20'
Sling.....................+8.....1d4+2.........x2, range 50'
Sling, full attack........+8/+3..1d4+2/1d4+2...x2, range 50'

[b]Surge:[/b] 8/9 remaining (CMB +14)

Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

[b]Spells:[/b]
0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, Resinous Skin, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level: 2/2 remaining

[b]Wand charges:[/b] 27/28 remaining.
[b]Wild Shape:[/b] 2/3 remaining
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Clarification
[SBLOCK]
The tunnel that leads away from the wreck does not go towards the Brelish encampment. As far as you could sense, it just went out straight away from the camp into the wasteland.

The second tunnel they are currently constructing leads towards the wreck itself, but still not towards the other camp.

[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post

After some consideration, Midian shakes his head.

"Underground mapping can get confusing, but the more I'm looking at things topside, the less I think the tunnels go between the camps. I think the extra tunnel's more likely the route the gnomes are thinking they'll use to extract the crystals.

"So, do we think a couple elementals sent the Brelish way by an invisible me flying over the camp might encourage some infighting?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

0st Level / DC16/17 6 Day : Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Mending, Stabilize, Spark
1st Level / DC17/18 4+2+D Day : Endure Elements, Entangle, Feather Step, Liberating Command, Ray of Sickening, Faerie Fire, Obscuring mist(D)
2nd Level / DC18/19 3+2+D Day : Delay Poison, Frigid Touch, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Stone Call, Slipstream(D)
3rd Level / DC19/20 3+1+D Day : Call Lightning*, Hide Campsite, Neutralize Poison, Resinous Skin, Water Walk(D) 
4th Level / DC20/21 2+1+D Day : Dispel Magic, Freedom of Movement, Geyser, Control Water(D)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"It will...but we need to be prepared to use that confusion," Whisper points out, "Or else we'll not only waste the opportunity, but make things worse when they work it out and dig in deeper."

"With the distraction of open conflict, we can try to sneak through...magically hidden, I expect...or we can let them fight a bit, then reveal ourselves to the side that seems to be losing, and offer assistance. There's dangers either way."

jkason

First Post

"With the distraction of open conflict, we can try to sneak through...magically hidden, I expect...or we can let them fight a bit, then reveal ourselves to the side that seems to be losing, and offer assistance. There's dangers either way."

"I think, between the size of the crystals and the fairly obvious nature of containers dropping from the sky, we're probably not in a position to rush in and rush out," Midian offers. "I think we might be forced to at least feign an alliance if we're to have the time to collect them."
[sblock=mini-stats]
Code:

* Cloak +2
Resist Cold 10

[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Selc, are both camps on the same side of the Archon? IN other words, can we sneak around from the other side?

OOC: The Brelish camp is at the stern and can see partway around the other side of the ship. The gnomish camp is near the bow but can only see one side. You haven't gone around the ship yet to see what lies on the far side.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"We should scout the far side to see what lies beyond." Doral says helpfully.

OOC: ;) Can we use the terrain to sneak to the other side, or would we have to walk out into the open to reach the far side?

Remove ads