• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whisperers in Darkness

Feral: "Gaszi," he says. "I'm Gaszi. Born and raised in Sharn, but by the grace of the Flame, blessed to come back to my true home in the Reaches. I'm just stopping through this town myself. Where are you headed? I've been out and about for some time, and I've got news --or at least rumors-- of almost every land under Siberys."

Arlanen: The young man turns back in surprised as he hears your voice. He's already inside the foyer of the Emporium, and another small man at a desk rises as you enter, but he sits back down slowly, his eyes on you, as he sees you're merely speaking with the younger fellow. A small lamp gives dim light to the foyer, and a heavy curtain blocks off the rest of the building. The young man was just about to lift it and pass through.

"I was going to pick your purse of course--what did you think? Look, it's nothing personal. You looked like you might actually have something in it. You saw me, I backed off--what more do you want?"

Ceres: Several others are starting to give a wider berth to the man and the two warforged--you see what look like strange flickering lights hovering near them, casting a strange reddish, then white illumination on their faces. A man mutters darkly at them--to no one in particular, but you can hear him clearly--"T'ain't natural, them 'forged. I'll be burn'd if this'uns here ain't worse than t'others yesterday."

Alastor, Forge and Shard: (Hey, you guys are doing great without me butting in--let me know when you're down conversing and I'll step in; otherwise keep at it.)

Last edited:

solkan_uk

First Post
"You mean you're not the one who's been spying on me?" demands Arlanen, she'll then pause to think it through and realise that would make no sense.
A slight touch of of guilt over thinking the thief was more than he is causes her to toss him a gold piece before heading back into the crowd.

Arlanen: "You say someone has been spying on you?" The man cocks his head curiously. "Whatever for?"

He shakes his head. "Nevermind, you wouldn't tell me anyway. Listen, maybe I can help you. My name's Murrough. If someone in Greenblade is causing trouble, I can usually tell you who it is and where he is."

Lord_Raven88

First Post
MadMaxim said:
Alastor looks at Shard. "What's the rush, sir?"

Hearing the humans question, Shard turns back towards the human and seems to stare at Alastor for an uncomfortable length of time. What's wrong with this meddling human, can't he take a hint. Perhaps we haven't been direct enough

"What we are doing here in Greenblade is no concern of yours!, Where we are going is no concern of yours!" Shard pauses to collect his thoughts

"We do not desire to talk to you, nor do we want your company, good day and begone"

Shard maintains eye contact with the human for a moment to make sure his message has finally sunk in, then he turns to leave with Forge.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Shard said:
Shard noticably seems to relax at the words of the human, and takes a step back to allow Forge and the Human to continue with the social exchange.

Shard begins to survey his surrondings looking for other potential threats, while still keeping the human within his peripheral vision.

"Forge, we should leave soon."
Alastor said:
Alastor looks at Shard. "What's the rush, sir?"
"The rush is that you're not the only one who is somewhat unsettled or simply annoyed by us. If someone is going to get... violent, I'd prefer to be somewhere where I can bar a door if necessary. I was going to the Emporium to do some gambling actually," Forge says neutrally.

solkan_uk

First Post
"No thanks, in fact I think I see my friends over there" indicates the two warforged (being the ones relatively nearby that look like the sort of people that people don't want to mess with), "looks like they're getting into trouble again."
<<Bluff Check +1 = 11, http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=113165>>
Arlanen will take off in the direction of the warforged, and hope they aren't particularly hostile...

Arlanen: Murrough's eyes narrow skeptically. Although he makes no effort to follow you immediately, he keeps his eyes on you closely as you walk away.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads