The Whisperers in Darkness

Cursed Quinn

First Post
Feral accepts the apple from the other shifter. She polishes it on her sleeve of her shirt, then takes a bite. As she chews, she seems to be visibly considering some matter. Swallowing, she gestures to herself with the apple. "Name's Feral. You?", she inquires.

solkan_uk

First Post
Seeing that he's noticed her, Arlanen walks up to the young man (assuming she can catch up with him) and interrogates him.
"Who are you and what do you think you were doing back there?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
MadMaxim said:
Ignoring the two warforged intimidating remarks, Alastor continues to introduce himself: "Well, miss, I would gladly introduce myself. The name is Alastor, sword for hire and accomplished master of the arcane arts."
then looks into Shard's pulsing eyes and down at the scimitar he carries in the scabbard.

"Well, I may not have assessed the situation well enough, sir, but I believe that would be an extremely stupid move for a thinking individual like yourself. I don't really have anything against warforged. You were quite capable soldiers during The Last War and you're quite fascinating from a scholar's point of view, but now you don't exactly have a whole lot of goodwill with the rest of the people in Khorvaire. So please don't pull a stupid stunt like that..."

Alastor starts flexing his fingers and fire appears in his palm.

"These little things pack quite a lot of punch. It should be enough to fry your metallic hide, so why don't we keep things civil and avoid an unnecessary conflict?" He says while smiling at Shard.
"Don't try to intimidate me Alastor" Forge says testily. "While you may or may not be able to throw flame, I can repair myself. I doubt you can, or even comprehend how to do so. Besides, we were doing nothing to you. Our caution is justified, considering our lack of goodwill" she hisses.

OOC - Sorry I forgot to mention it, the glow Forge put on Shard's sword was an infusion of magic weapon.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
MadMaxim said:
Ignoring the two warforged intimidating remarks, Alastor continues to introduce himself: "Well, miss, I would gladly introduce myself. The name is Alastor, sword for hire and accomplished master of the arcane arts."

A female warforged...? I never really thought they would go to such lengths to get an identity. It must be a thing they started thinking about after the war.

He then looks into Shard's pulsing eyes and down at the scimitar he carries in the scabbard.

"Well, I may not have assessed the situation well enough, sir, but I believe that would be an extremely stupid move for a thinking individual like yourself. I don't really have anything against warforged. You were quite capable soldiers during The Last War and you're quite fascinating from a scholar's point of view, but now you don't exactly have a whole lot of goodwill with the rest of the people in Khorvaire. So please don't pull a stupid stunt like that..."

Alastor starts flexing his fingers and fire appears in his palm.

"These little things pack quite a lot of punch. It should be enough to fry your metallic hide, so why don't we keep things civil and avoid an unnecessary conflict?" He says while smiling at Shard.

Hmm typical condescending weak-fleshed human, thinking that he can put his nose were it isn't wanted

At the conclusion of the humans speach, Shards only response is to draw his Scimitar half way out of it's scabard, and to continue to stare evenly at Alastor.

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Don't try to intimidate me Alastor" Forge says testily. "While you may or may not be able to throw flame, I can repair myself. I doubt you can, or even comprehend how to do so. Besides, we were doing nothing to you. Our caution is justified, considering our lack of goodwill" she hisses.
"State your purpose human,or leave"

MadMaxim

First Post
Alastor - Human Warmage

Alastor looks at Forge. I don't remember the warforged of Cyre acting so superior. I guess that what happens when you give fighting machinces the ability to think for themselves...

"I'm most certainly aware of your self-repairing abilities, but I believe it requires that there's actually anything left of you to repair..." The fire in Alastor's palm suddenly turns into a little ball of lightning that's spraying small sparks.

He then turns to Shard. Well, he's certainly a sturdy fellow... I wouldn't want to get in a fight with him and that scimitar looks awfully sharp... Alastor suddenly realizes that he may have bit of more than he can actually chew. Still, he believes that the rest of the town's inhabitants will back him up if this little chat turns violent.

"Well, I wasn't really approaching you in any hostile manner. I was just trying to strike up a conversation with you and then you give me this aggressive behavior. I've introduced myself, I believe it would be appropriate of you to let me know who you are, if you can put a lid on that "superior" attitude..."

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Ceres d'Deneith, Human Hexblade

Huh. Looks like I might have overstayed my welcome yet again. Ceres pockets the money, and starts on a leisurely stroll. He surreptitiously looks at the three thugs to find out A) if they are following him and B) what sort of weapons/armor they possess, if any. His stroll will take him past what appear to be two warforged arguing with a human, and over to the General Store.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
MadMaxim said:
Alastor looks at Forge. I don't remember the warforged of Cyre acting so superior. I guess that what happens when you give fighting machinces the ability to think for themselves...

"I'm most certainly aware of your self-repairing abilities, but I believe it requires that there's actually anything left of you to repair..." The fire in Alastor's palm suddenly turns into a little ball of lightning that's spraying small sparks.
At the bold claim of the human Shard takes a step closer to the human, drawing his Scimitar another 2' from it's sheath, while bringing his spiked shield up into a defensive position.

He then turns to Shard. Well, he's certainly a sturdy fellow... I wouldn't want to get in a fight with him and that scimitar looks awfully sharp... Alastor suddenly realizes that he may have bit of more than he can actually chew. Still, he believes that the rest of the town's inhabitants will back him up if this little chat turns violent.

"Well, I wasn't really approaching you in any hostile manner. I was just trying to strike up a conversation with you and then you give me this aggressive behavior. I've introduced myself, I believe it would be appropriate of you to let me know who you are, if you can put a lid on that "superior" attitude..."
Shard slides his Scimitar back into it's scabbard, but continues to stare evenly at the human.
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"If you put a lid on your 'attitude,' we'll call it even. You're no better than us," Forge says evenly.
"State your purpose, Human"

MadMaxim

First Post
Alastor - Human Warmage

"Fair enough, miss." Alastor closes his hand and the electricity dissappears between his fingers.

"My purpose of this little confrontation was actually just to get to know you and ask what you were doing in a little town like Greenblade. I haven't seen a lot of warforged wander around in the Eldeen Reaches, so I was quite surprised to see you two here. As for myself, I believe I've played with an open hand and told that I'm a sword for hire and is currently looking for employment in these parts of Khorvaire."

He has seemingly already forgotten about the fact that he may be in hostile territory with the warforged.

"I did say my name was Alastor, right...?" He suddenly wonders while scratching the back of his head with his left hand.

Last edited:

Lord_Raven88

First Post
MadMaxim said:
"Fair enough, miss." Alastor closes his hand and the electricity dissappears between his fingers.

"My purpose of this little confrontation was actually just to get to know you and ask what you were doing in a little town like Greenblade. I haven't seen a lot of warforged wander around in the Eldeen Reaches, so I was quite surprised to see you two here. As for myself, I believe I've played with an open hand and told that I'm a sword for hire and is currently looking for employment in these parts of Khorvaire."

He has seemingly already forgotten about the fact that he may be in hostile territory with the warforged.

"I did say my name was Alastor, right...?" He suddenly wonders while scratching the back of his head with his left hand.

Shard noticably seems to relax at the words of the human, and takes a step back to allow Forge and the Human to continue with the social exchange.

Shard begins to survey his surrondings looking for other potential threats, while still keeping the human within his peripheral vision.

"Forge, we should leave soon."

Remove ads