• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Whisperers in Darkness

Cursed Quinn

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Feral: "Gaszi," he says. "I'm Gaszi. Born and raised in Sharn, but by the grace of the Flame, blessed to come back to my true home in the Reaches. I'm just stopping through this town myself. Where are you headed? I've been out and about for some time, and I've got news --or at least rumors-- of almost every land under Siberys."

Feral continues to eat the apple.

"Not really headed anywhere in particular. Was thinking 'bout skirting the Gloaming and heading up towards Greenheart. Eventually heading east towards Wolf's Paw."

Feral: Gaszi barks another short laugh. With only a hint of mocking in his voices he shakes his head slightly. "Not really branching off too far, eh? The Reaches are a small place, all things considered.

He chuckles to himself, and stands. With the fight over, he appears ready to retire from the porch rooftop. "Be careful near the Gloaming. It's never a good place to travel, but lately..." He trails off, shaking his head slightly.

"There's been more strange tales than normal of late. There's even a man in town named Nedwin who just came from there. Be very careful. Something's going on in the Gloaming, and if you're smart, you'll stay well clear of it."

solkan_uk

First Post
Arlanen approaches the larger warforged trying to keep her body language friendly and open to the point of being exagerrated.
"Hi"

Harvey

First Post
Ceres d'Deneith, Human Hexblade

Ceres takes note of the mumbling man, and notes his comments, but continues on. He keeps peering over his shoulder, making sure his "friends" are still about. Ceres is about to continue on to the General Store when something catches his eye.

It seems like there's another fight brewing! It seems that some human is bothering a couple of 'forged, threatening them with some magical gestures. And look... the human has a friend that's come over as well. So, the odds are even, eh? He thinks to himself. Two fights in an hour? This place seems like magnet for trouble... can't decide if I like that or not. Still, if a fight does break out, it might be just what I need to distract my new followers.

Ceres positions the warforged and the humans in between himself and his the three thugs. He mills around a bit, waiting for a fight to break out.

MadMaxim

First Post
Alastor - Human Warmage

Alastor notes that a red-headed woman is approaching the warforged. Oh, this is just perfect... Can't she see I'm talking to these war machines right now!? I want them with ME! I NEED some adamantine-plated bodyguards.

Last edited:

Cursed Quinn

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
"There's been more strange tales than normal of late. There's even a man in town named Nedwin who just came from there. Be very careful. Something's going on in the Gloaming, and if you're smart, you'll stay well clear of it."

Feral gives a toothy grin.

"Never been said I was smart. Now where's this Nedwin, if you don't mind?"

Lord_Raven88

First Post
solkan_uk said:
Arlanen approaches the larger warforged trying to keep her body language friendly and open to the point of being exagerrated.
"Hi"
Turning to the strange exuberant red headed human, Shard examines her in an appraising way.

Whats the matter with these humans, do I have a sign on my back asking them to come pester me today or something.

Glancing at Forge, Shard gives her a meaningful but pained look that speaks a single word 'Humans', with an almost imperceptible shrug Shard turns back to the human woman.

"Yes"

solkan_uk

First Post
"The names Arlenen Medani, hope I'm not intruding or anything." Arlanen looks mock-sheepish.
"You see there was this guy who I think was trying to steal from me and I was trying to evade his company and thought - hey there's a couple of warforged. I mean, they don't need much, so their aren't going to steal from me - and you don't exactly have the equipment to take advantage of me in other ways, so I thought I'd pretend I was with you and then this other guy, the one trying to steel from me, would go away. Plus there's always the potential benefit of possibly making a friend and stuff."
This is all said in quick succession with a voice and expression so eager and friendly that it can only be false, or at least exagerated.

MadMaxim

First Post
Alastor - Human Warmage

Alastor stares at the night sky. Keeper, please take me away from this place NOW! He collects himself and looks back at the red-headed woman and starts introducing himself.

"Well, good evening, miss. I'm Alastor, sword for hire and master of the arcane arts." He says in as flamboyant a manner as possible trying to make himself look like the greatest spellcaster that ever walked on Eberron.

He then starts wondering about her words. What's wrong with this woman? Warforged are war machines for crying out loud! I don't believe anybody would take advantage of her because she'd warn the entire town with that voice.

Last edited:

Feral: "Probably in whichever tavern is serving the cheapest ale or the cheapest women. I don't know where he stays, though--maybe Jalek's Flophouse." With that, the shifter lopes off into the crowd with a wry grin back at you as he disappears.

Forge, Arlanen, Shard: Glancing about (Made Spot checks, you three passed) you see an unusual convergence on your location. In addition to the four of you standing about talking, you see a tall, stern-looking man with a black goatee not far from you, and watching you. Or perhaps watching through your group. You also see several others both approaching and watching you--three who look like large bouncers, or street toughs, another slippery-looking young man (Murrough, for Arlanen who knows him) and even a sly little halfling with a mischevious grin on his face. For whatever reason, it looks like you've landed headfirst in a nest of trouble.

Remove ads