• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The worst of all editions? (humor)

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
The party consists of pre-rolled only, a Tinker Gnome alchemist, Kender paladin of Tiamat and an Aasimmar vampire assassin. There is also a gully dwarf cleric with an intelligent 3 headed flind bar named Krenkald that is run by the DM. Krenkald has the Dominate PC At-Will so combats run smoothly no rolls necessary. The Campaign is titled Storytime with Mary Sue Krenkald and her little friends.

All attacks use the 1E grappling rules.

The DM plays a character named "Elminster" of class "Dungeon Master" who has all the abilities in the game and wins all encounters automatically.

All halflings are Kender, all gnomes are Tinker, all dwarves are gully, and all other races are half-humans.

All rolls are save or die.

If you fall into lava, you take 2d6 points of damage.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
For me, it never got much worse than it did in the mid-90's, when everyone wanted to play a thri-kreen ranger, dual-wielding scimitars of speed. Blargh.

Last edited:

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Well we can't exactly slag the new one yet. ;)

One time, this guy handed me a picture of him, he said,"Here's a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture is of you when you were younger. "Here's a picture of me when I'm older." "You son-of-a-bitch! How'd you pull that off? Lemme see that camera... what's it look like? "

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
You guys joke about this but a lot of folks don't remember the potential fiasco that was D&D Supreme. Back in the late 90s, a little before TSR was finally on the brink of bancruptcy, one of the designers (the name escapes me) floated an idea to tap into the fervor of the burgeoning Internet and, in a misguided leap, thought it could be coupled with the more outgoing nature of those who LARPed and dressed up in costumes for conventions. The thinking apparently was that these two types of hardcore fans could be symbiotically linked to create a network of the most faithful gamers they had. They even mocked up a prototype boxed set that included an AOL software variant for virtual play-by-post games and special headbands that users could wear to conventions to easily identify one another. In many ways this was the forerunner to the DDI. Sadly, most of the ten prototypes were destroyed and the pitch meeting never took place because of the financial woes of TSR, and as we know WotC moved in and bought TSR then developed 3.0 instead. Finding one of the remaining prototypes of D&D Supreme is a sort of holy grail for true collectors.

Naw, I'm just BSing. There was never a D&D Supreme.
;)

OchreJelly

First Post
Wow, you guys are pretty creative. ok here's another:

A single combat lasted 10 hours because 4 of the party members are summoner wizards, one is a fighter with 20 hirelings and a ten foot pole, and the last player is a dragonborn rouge*. The wizards each take 1 hour turns as they look up appropriate monsters to summon from each MM, third party monster books, and back issues of Dragon. When the rouge's turn finally arrives he gets to roll to hit and misses, then goes back to playing xbox. That was the likely outcome anyway since demi-human level limits had him capped at level 2.

* (yes in this edition Rouge is a class).

Remove ads