• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Theandric Saga OOC

MummyKitty

First Post
There have been a few posts about the architect thing, just to clarify, Titus is not really interested in military architechture. He's interested in colossal, grand, epic buildings (like the coliseum in Rome, Nero's giant statue of himself, etc). Also buildings as works of art and sculpture. Titus's ideas would probably be most impractical from a military standpoint.

That's not to say that Titus wouldn't be interested in conversing and sharing ideas about architechture with a military minded architect.

However, he is interested in military history and has great respect for the Roman army and its accomplishments, although he believes there were always magi behind the scenes of most of their triumphs.

He's a lover not a fighter. :) Though the dead wolf might disagree...

MummyKitty said:
There have been a few posts about the architect thing, just to clarify, Titus is not really interested in military architechture. He's interested in colossal, grand, epic buildings (like the coliseum in Rome, Nero's giant statue of himself, etc). Also buildings as works of art and sculpture. Titus's ideas would probably be most impractical from a military standpoint.

Statue ?!
I think Gorgamesh will pass this idea, If you will sculpture a statue of him, you can forget about visitors :p

MummyKitty

First Post
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
Statue ?!
I think Gorgamesh will pass this idea, If you will sculpture a statue of him, you can forget about visitors :p

Yeah, that could be our defense for the covenant-- a ring of statues of Gorgamesh! :cool:

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
MummyKitty said:

That's not to say that Titus wouldn't be interested in conversing and sharing ideas about architechture with a military minded architect.

However, he is interested in military history and has great respect for the Roman army and its accomplishments, although he believes there were always magi behind the scenes of most of their triumphs.

He's a lover not a fighter. :) Though the dead wolf might disagree...

Hey, that's cool. Octavian's interest is precisely the opposite — function over form, buildings as tools. He'd be happy to talk architecture, but he is, when you get down to it, an engineer (and this should be interesting, as I am most certainly not an engineer, so I'll be googling and researching things pretty frequently). All good fun.

Nick

Yair

Community Supporter
Kajamba Lion said:
A background for Octavian...[sblock]The son of some wealthy German merchants, Octavian was apprenticed to Daria la Gris in his mid- to late teens, having already shown marked mathematical aptitude. She sent the lad to Coeris to learn advanced engineering theories involving the construction of siegeworks, fortifications, bridges, and so on. Afterwards, she trained him in Rego and Terram, teaching him to use his magical abilities to enhance his mundane skills and aptitudes.

Although he has proven to be a less than capable soldier (he is nowhere near as rugged as most Tremere magi, nor does he have any specific prowess in melee combat), he has proven to be a solid poltician and officer — and his engineering training makes him an excellent aide to a field commander. A traditionalist, Octavian is also somewhat pragmatic, something Daria has tried to instill in him with mixed results; he belongs to the Apple Gild and has rather progressive views regarding Hermetic politics, for instance, but still believes in the rigid hierarchies and social codes of his time, regardless of how outdated they might be. He has gone to Teneo at her command, to solidify the Gild presence there, but also to work with an apprentice of Stentorious that has been assigned there, too.

Description: Tall and somewhat handsome, Octavian has a decidedly academic air to him — he is clearly not a soldier. He wears plain robes and clothing and frequently carries an ornate walking staff.[/sblock]Do you want me to write up the engineering grog?

Nick
All is fine, exccept apparently Stentorius's apprentice will not be making a visit. Well, not THAT apprentice, anyways.
And yes, I'd be glad if you'll whip up the engineer.

Yair

Community Supporter
Dylan[sblock]
I don't mind changing it to a Faerie Companion, I chose the Talking Hawk because when I first pictured the character, I saw a Hawk on his shoulder. I was going to go for something a bit more 'Falconry' at first, but opted against it since it seemed to detract from the character. If I go with a Fairy Companion, I'd like for it to definitely be a flying/wind spirit about the size of the Hawk.
*Nods* I don't have any bright ideas about what spirit to make it, I'll try to come up with a nice air spirit if you don't.
I think Charlotte is my preferred option at this time. I'd like to have Faerie Blood, that being an 'air fairy', I'll change it on my sheet. Can you tell me what bonuses that blood-type gives?
Ah, yes. How about one of the following:
  • You are thin and quick. You gain a +1 bonus to Qui, but a -1 penalty on Soak.
  • You have a natural affinity for being airborne. You gain a +1 bonus to any Dexterity or Quickness based roll while ariborne.
I'm open for other suggestions.[/sblock]

WolfBoy
[sblock]
I don't understand... The +6 comes from a +5 Perception, and +1 Ability. It sounds like you were thinking I wanted to add Abilities to a roll, no? If that's not what you were thinking, then I don't understand what you're saying here, sorry....
That was indeed my thinking, and a foolish thought it was...[/sblock]

Addendum[sblock]
I noticed that I -had- bought Affinity Rego, just hadn't used it (paid the full 55 for a Rego of 10). If there are no objections, I removed that, and removed Method Caster (Was a bit cheesy with a Silent/Subtle default Method) so I could upgrade my Fairy Blood to Strong Fairy Blood (though what Sylph blood does is still in need of answering. ;)), to make me feel more Merinita and stronger affinity with Air Fairies. If you don't object to it, I'll add in what my unique physical abberations are once I get some input on what Sylphs should look/be like.
Sounds great, no objections.[/sblock]

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
I'll write up the engineer tomorrow definitely, but maybe tonight (depends on how long I feel like staying up). :)

Nick

Sphynx

First Post
Great Yair, then I'm ready to go. I would say that +1 Quickness, and an additional +1 Quickness when in the air is a bit too much though. Not that I'd object, but out of fairness, it's a huge bonus.

Perhaps a better idea is just +1 Quickness, -1 Soak with an additional +1 Dexterity if airborne. Anyhows, I'll post the MetaCreator pdf with the completed character sheets in the next few hours.

Sphynx

Yair

Community Supporter
Sphynx said:
Great Yair, then I'm ready to go. I would say that +1 Quickness, and an additional +1 Quickness when in the air is a bit too much though. Not that I'd object, but out of fairness, it's a huge bonus.
No no, it's one OR the other. You get a +1 to Qui but a -1 to Soak; OR a +1 to Qui and Dex (effectivey) but only while airborne.

At least, that's what I meant.

Sphynx

First Post
Ok, here are the MetaCreator versions of the characters. Unfortunately, we may have to re-do Wolf Boy anyhows. I discovered when using the Metacreator that I'd used too many Minor Flaws. I changed it a bit so he's a Lycanthrope (seemed the best one to fit his theme), but not sure how that'd sit with the story. If you don't object, Yair, I'm happy with his changes, but I have no objections to re-working him and bringing him in a bit later.

Sphynx

Attachments

• DylanLleu.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Lupus.pdf
    206.4 KB · Views: 116

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads