• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thieves' World d20 [Jubal's Hawkmasks] Full-- Alts welcome

Borson

First Post
hahahaaaa
just posting so you know I am still kicking..

I was working on creating another PC for a game starting prior to this one. done with it, so now I can finish what I started :) looking forward to this for sure, I even have the book coming in a few days. plus I live near the DM /evil laughter /

Rath Lorien

First Post
Mummykitty, any advice on language picks?
Are you going to have a "common" language in Sanctuary?
I know that there is a "Sanctuary" language, so do you recommend that we all take that?
(I want to be able to talk to the PC's and NPC's...)

-Rath

MummyKitty

First Post
Yeah, I'm still kicking too, just haven't had a chance to work on much. I know some of you are still waiting for me so just hang tight for a bit, I will get back to you soon.

Borson, you live "relatively" close. :)

Rath, I'd recommend that you (and everyone) take Sanctan or you will have some difficulty communicating. There is also a "Trade Tongue" but that is mainly for transactions and you don't need to learn it. Sanctan is similar to Ilsigi, so if you can speak that you can understand some Sanctan but not all (and vice-versa to a certain extent).

DANO

Rath Lorien

First Post
MK,

In the TW player's handbook it describes some of the history of Caronne. It mentions that Caronne was once ruled by Enlibar. Then conquered by Ranke. Then left to its own fate when Ranke withdrew its legions. I believe that the timeperiod of this game is approximately 50 years prior to the timeperiod described in the player's handbook. So my question is, what has actually happened in Caronne at the time of our game? Has Ranke left Caronne yet? If so, how long ago? How long ago was Caronne occupied by Enlibar? How long ago did Ranke capture Caronne (or perhaps it has not happened yet)?

The reason I'd like to know is that I'd like to flesh out my backstory a bit more, particularly the reason for my comming to Santuary. The history may also influcence how my character feels about Ranke.

If you don't have this information, or if you are prepared to be flexible, I propose that my character fled Caronne as a consequence, directly or indirectly, of Ranke occupation.

Thanks,
Rath

MummyKitty

First Post
Hi Guys,

Just checking in with a quick update. I've decided to tweak the adventure that I was working on... Jubal and his Hawkmasks will still be involved, but, instead of becoming Hawkmasks (which I think may actually be a bit of a career limiting move for such up-and-coming "entreprenuers" of Sanctuary such as yourselves), you'll becoming entwined with them in other ways. It'll be more fun that way. So, that's what I've been working on over the past few days.

Munin, please just email your character to me in case I need to work him into the middle of the adventure.

Rath, to answer your question... I'm not sure off hand. I'm hoping the timeline will be more detailed in the upcoming books. At this point, it's safe to assume that the Enlibar occupation of Carronne was in the distant past. I think the Rankans may still be nominally in control of Carronne, but even if not, their occupation would be in the recent past, so there is plenty of reason for someone from Carronne to have less than friendly feelings toward Rankene. In any event, the prejudice against magic would be in place during this time period, as the Rankene armies also use battle mages to crush their enemies.

I hope to devote some time tonight to catching up with all the characters submitted so far. Thanks for your patience, we are still going to start the game during the holiday week!!

DANO

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads