• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Thieves' World] Murder at the Vulgar Unicorn (full)

I figure that the more familiar 3rd person perspective would probably be best, just for the sake of continuity and ease of reading. Your first post read very well, MummyKitty, so this is no knock on you. But to make the thread as easy to read as possible and to prevent problems with those that might have a harder time writing in the 1st person, I suppose we should use 3rd person from here on out. Mixing styles might work but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Any other opinions?

Also, I am going to give everyone the ability to speak Sanctan for free. If you've already bought it with skill points or Intelligence bonus points, go ahead and take that point back and spend it on another skill. I don't want there to be a huge language barrier as it impedes the fun of the game to have one person say something and another have to translate it to the rest of the group. So if you paid a skill point for Sanctan, spend that point on something else. If you received Sanctan for free, take a free skill point. That should put everyone on even footing.

This of course is not to say that you can't speak the other languages you know, just that I want everyone to have a common language. Which brings up another point. We should probably use different colors for the different languages, or at least the languages that are represented in the party. Any ideas on what color should be what language?

Last edited:

MummyKitty

First Post
Toric, I'll go with what you suggest-- third person-- as it's your game. As I mentioned, it was just an experiment as I wanted to try something different. No offense taken, I'm always open to commentary on my posts.

I spent one of my skill points on Sanctan, so I'll put that back into one level of Diplomacy.

Thanks!

Dracomeander

First Post
As you can see from my first post, I have a tendancy to condense my narratives into compound complex sentences. If that gets to be a problem, let me know. I really need to learn how to simplify my speech patterns. And yes, that is actually the way I speak as well. :eek:

Daeric will pick up Rankene spoken with his free skill point. It seems appropriate for his background to at least speak all the major languages of the city.

MummyKitty

First Post
Toric, I'm a little confused about how much I can see with low light vision. It makes sense that it would be pretty dark in here with the lights out, are the lightening flashed all that are allowing us to see? Would I be able to see the injured guy on the floor? Does it seem like the thugs can see in the dark? Thanks.

The lightning flashes are all that is really allowing you all to see. Daeric can see the merchant lying on the floor. Assume that everything within five feet is cloaked in dark shadows but visible enough to make out general details. Everything beyond five feet is nearly impossible to see except for when the lightning flashes, which are occurring rapidly. As for combat, I am applying a -2 to hit penalty (instead of -4) due to darkness brightened by lightning flashes. Hope that answers your question.

I will get a new post in the IC thread up tomorrow sometime.

MummyKitty

First Post
Oops, Dracomeander, I started my post this afternoon, before you had posted, and then finished it now without checking to see if any new posts were made. So, it's a little out of sequence. Anyway... sorry about that. It's meant to share Kadramis's semi-drunken frustration with the situation....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads