• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thinking of pulling the plug...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well... you've had nearly twice your allotted 3 months trial period. A quick glance at the website reveals that it's still empty.

Seriously - is this going anywhere?

BlackJaw

First Post
No one here is able to change the website!

I'd do it if I had the FTP information. I've said so before.

We've got some tentive movement and combat systems in the works, and a setup for ship building that will allow for very customized ships in many styles.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The FTP details were given out when this started. Obviously, I don't want to give access to the EN World server to just anyone. What happened to the people with the details?

BlackJaw

First Post
I guess it's the people listed on the website. I went ahead and e-mail them all. Lets see if any of them suddenly show up on the forums here, or start updating the webpage, or e-mail me back, etc.

Wyvern

Explorer
Morrus said:
Well... you've had nearly twice your allotted 3 months trial period. A quick glance at the website reveals that it's still empty.

Seriously - is this going anywhere?
The problem is that most of the people who started out working on this project haven't been heard from since Christmas. I realize that in some cases, the demands of real life have stolen their time, but all the moving around this forum has done in the last couple of months surely hasn't helped matters. There are several things that need to be done which I'm not in a position to do, but maybe you can help:

1) The forum link on the Cosmonomicon website is broken. Please fix it.

2) I have a alpha draft of the first chapter done that I'd like to see posted on the website so that more people will see it and provide feedback on it. You can find it at http:/www.msu.edu/~reesmatt/Cosmo.rtf.

3) After the afore-mentioned updates to the website have been made, it would be nice if you could make an announcement about it on the main EN World page. That would hopefully draw in people who were involved at one point but have stopped keeping up with the latest progress.

Progress is being made, only slowly. At this point what we need most is feedback on what's already been written, and the only way we'll get that is if more people are attracted over here to take a look at it.

Wyvern

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not going to touch the Cosmonomicon website - it's not mine to change; I also don't have the time to maintain someone else's website for them.

I'll give it one more week (next Sunday). Perhaps the original people will respond to the emails and fix things. :)

BlackJaw

First Post
I got a reply from one of the orginal project heads saying he is no longer a part of the project, and never had the power to alter to website.

If they don't respond or do anything, I'll host it myself.

Last edited:

Wyvern

Explorer
Wyvern

Morrus said:
I'm not going to touch the Cosmonomicon website - it's not mine to change; I also don't have the time to maintain someone else's website for them.
What are we supposed to do when the original project leaders have left the building and taken the keys with them, so to speak? It's all very well to say they should have stuck with it, but as I understand it the issue was lack of time, not lack of interest. If BlackJaw doesn't get a response from them (whoever "them" is; you didn't even tell us who you gave the ftp details to in the first place), what are you going to do? Honestly, if you have any interest in seeing this project continue, the best thing you can do is give the keys to BlackJaw. I don't know anything about maintaining a website beyond basic html coding, and besides, what free time I have is better spent doing the actual writing.

I'll give it one more week (next Sunday). Perhaps the original people will respond to the emails and fix things. :)
I really wish you would reconsider. It would be a shame to pull the rug out from under us just when everything is starting to come together. I went ahead and hashed out about half of a chapter on setting design over the weekend, but my schedule between now and Sunday is pretty much booked solid, and I doubt I'll have time to do a decent job on the other half. How much progress do you need to see to make you change your mind, anyway? I could go ahead and post what I've got -- it's better than nothing -- but I *can't* post it on the Cosmonomicon website; all I can do is provide a link to it in this forum.

Wyvern

BlackJaw

First Post
There is no "Darrin" on the Cosmonomicon website. I've e-mailed everyone listed, but none of their names are "Darrin" and yes their real names are listed.

I get the impression Morrus is a little angry about the lack of effort put in by the orginal Cosmonomicon designers. I can imagine how annoying it is not to see anything done in 3 months, and then have us complaining not to have it shut down. And I can REALY understand the reluctance to give out FTP information.

Still, I'd like to finish this project, even if I had to do it on my own and post it on my own server, but I'd rather not move the project from it's home if I don't have to, and I don't think anyone wants to see this project die.

Remove ads