Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Patlin

Explorer
When Banion gets a chance to speak to Beamer privately, he says the following in Halfling.

"We completed our job, we didn't get paid, and our employers are dead so we aren't going to get paid. Nordal's pretty much the only guy in this town we know, and he's a crook... I feel no particular fondness for him. Let's find Draig and get the heck out of town. I'm as much in favor of toppling governments as the next guy, but avenging the fat and greedy merchants who originally hired us isn't much of a reason for the three of us to get killed. We were outnumbered four to one in that last fight, and once they get organized it'll probably get worse rather than better."

"Idrag may have seized power, and he may or may not be worse than the people who had power before. Seizing power's an entirely different thing than keeping it, though. Even if we just pack up and leave, he may not be around in 6 months... and he and his oartner might kill each other a lot faster than that."

"Unless.... this is pretty questionable morally, but given the state of things we might consider it anyway...." Banion pauses to think.

"Do you want to head to our employers residence and collect our pay from his estate? If we head there fast, we might be able to get something before looters and rioters tear the place apart."

wmasters

First Post
Draig runs and looks frantically for an alley or somewhere to hide. Spying Louie, flapping in front of him, he follows, knowing that Beamer cannot be far away.

SlagMortar

First Post
"You are right on all accounts my friend. I do not like the idea of leaving yet another organization out to get us, but Idrag will likely be busy here for awhile and may very well end up having to deal with Etan as well. If we did remove them from power, who would take their place?"

Do you want to head to our employers residence and collect our pay from his estate? If we head there fast, we might be able to get something before looters and rioters tear the place apart."
Beamer smiles in his mind but not on his face at his friend's shrewdness.
"Let's find Draig first before making any other plans. I can barely think with all these cuts and scrapes. Getting back to the estates might be risky and I'm not sure that Draig will go for it."

"Ah! Louie is making his way back. Draig must still be in a condition to flee."**

**I hope. :)

Someone

Adventurer
Draig stumble through the crowd and watches with genuine joy the small bat in front of him. Following the flying rodent he's able to reach the spot where the others are in just a couple minutes, though he knows he's been closely followed.*

*ooc: Means you can be found at any moment. Plan your moves in rounds.

wmasters

First Post
Draig follows Louie for a short while, hopeful that this means Beamer and Banion are safe. Turning his head, and realising that he is being pursued, Draig's mind races. I can't lead them to the halfling's, he thinks. Taking note of where Louie tries to lead him, Draig runs on, hoping to escape from the city or find somewhere safe to hide.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I was under the impression Draig had allready reached the others based on Someone's post.

"Let's slow down and try to blend into the crowd so we draw less notice. It may or may not work, but then again anything may or may not work -- and this way, you can get some healing done with that wand."

ooc2: Does Banion know the way to the residence of our employer?

wmasters

First Post
OOC: I got the impression that he hadn't reached them yet, and was going to in a couple of minutes. If he has reached the others then his actions will be much the same; keep running and try not to draw attention to them.

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
ooc: I was under the impression Draig had allready reached the others based on Someone's post.

ooc2: Does Banion know the way to the residence of our employer?

ooc 1: In my post I said Draig reached that, but in cases like this I normally allow the player to alter those details, so Draig isn't with the rest of the party right now.

Tell me exactly what you intend to do: if outrunning the guards, hiding somewhere, or whatever else. in fact, some crunch, like a roll using invisiblecastle, would help me understand your intentions better, even if i end not using that particular roll. For example, you may want to tire them, and make a Con check. I may end deciding that you should be using Fort saving throuws, and make my own, but the fact that you used rolled that Con check would help me to better understand your post.

ooc 2: I kept track of that little detail through the entire adventure. You never bothered to learn where exactly your employers' houses are, though you're prety sure it's relatively near from where you are.

Patlin

Explorer
A quick conversation between Banion and Beamer establishes that neither one knows where to find the residence of their employer, and that Draig is out and on the move, but apparently not following Louie.

"Let's get out of this town. There's nothing more we can accomplish here."

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
Tell me exactly what you intend to do: if outrunning the guards, hiding somewhere, or whatever else. in fact, some crunch, like a roll using invisiblecastle, would help me understand your intentions better, even if i end not using that particular roll. For example, you may want to tire them, and make a Con check. I may end deciding that you should be using Fort saving throuws, and make my own, but the fact that you used rolled that Con check would help me to better understand your post.

ooc: I'm not sure who this was directed to. I figure Draig is the one actively being pursued, but if you meant to include Banion and Beamer as well...

Banion and Beamer head out of town, attempting to avoid contact with any guards. Rather than running, they'll remain calm and walk steadilly onward.

The guards can either concentrate their forces (for a fight) or spread them out to search for whoever they deem important, but not both. Banion's betting they'll stay ready for a fight for at least a couple of hours yet, and he has trouble believing that he and Beamer are at the top of Idrag's priority list anyway. Rich or powerfull locals are probably more his concern right now than a pair of small private investigators.

If I had to pick a roll, it would probably be a bluff check, 1d20-1 for Banion. The bluff would be "I'm not that interesting." I'd hope that there would be a large circumstance bonus, do to the walking away minding my own business thing.

Remove ads