Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Since Beamer's at 3 hit points, he'd be happy just to get out alive.

Good, we're in agreement then. We get the heck out of town, avoiding any encounters on the way... even potentially profitable ones.

Someone

Adventurer
Ok. Just to be sure, is the plan "We get out of town as quickly as we can, then we'll decide when we're healed", or "We get out of town as quickly as we can and we don't stop until we've emptied several glasses at the RDI"?

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer prefers to not attempt reentry into the city, though he may not be traveling back to the Red Dragon Inn for a little while. He's pretty nervous about the various powerful groups he has angered in this adventure and his last.

Patlin

Explorer
SlagMortar said:
Beamer prefers to not attempt reentry into the city, though he may not be traveling back to the Red Dragon Inn for a little while. He's pretty nervous about the various powerful groups he has angered in this adventure and his last.

ooc: Yeah, we get clear. Manzanita's recruiting without the RDI, and if he'll take us we'll be heading to the wilderness rather than Orussus... works well in character considering Banion's desire to lay low for a while.

Patlin

Explorer
"Beamer, I think we're going to need to lay low for a bit. We've got more people angry at us than is strictly healthy. I've got a cousin that might be able to help out...."

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer suppresses a moment of jealousy, wishing he had a cousin to go to for help. It quickly passes though as he realizes that he is much closer to having people to go to than when he set out for the Red Dragon Inn. Beamer says quietly, but excitedly, "You do! That's a great idea. We seem to be quite adept at accumulating enemies, you and I."

Beamer searches his connection with Louie to try to determine where Draig is and whether he is ok.

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, I hope he'll help us, anyway... we are kin, though I haven't actually met him. From what I've heard about him, he'd be able to help. And people looking for us are going to be checking around here or arround Orussus, so the fact that he lives pretty far from either place is a bit of a plus...."

Banion's also worried about Draig, but hasn't got a clue how he could help the dwarven ranger at this point.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I'm sorry, but I'm having technical difficulties -again. Stupid telephonic company- and I'm currently unable to post from home. Untill I can post a proper epilogue, consider your characters free to join other adventures, and add a month's experience to your characters sheets*. I hope to be able give this adventure a more colorful ending soon, but for now this will have to do.

*For the sake of clarity, that's 200 experience to Beamer and banion and 100 experience to Draig.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: That's ok. Thanks for the adventure, Someone. Any adventure you can walk away from is a good one.
Treasure count:
Wand of scorching ray. Beamer will get it identified to determine how many charges remain.
Two masterwork short swords (Beamer would detect magic on these)
Various other weapons from the rogues
Did Nairb have a spell book on his person at the warehouse? If so, Beamer would have taken it. I mentioned he searched the wizard's body.

IC: "Well, we didn't get paid, but I did get this new wand, and some of those weapons we retrieved from those rogues looked nice. We made it out, though my whole body is killing me. I hope Draig made it out ok. He can keep the wand of cure light wounds so we all got something. It's not an even split, but it wasn't the best of circumstances."

Remove ads