Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
ooc: I'm not sure who this was directed to. I figure Draig is the one actively being pursued, but if you meant to include Banion and Beamer as well...

Yes, it was directed at Draig, as he's the one being pursued.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer urges Louie to keep with Draig as he realizes Draig is no longer moving toward them. "Draig must be pursued, he quit coming this way. We don't know where our employer's lived, but we know where Koplov lived and he is as dead as the others*. We could extricate our comission from there. Ah, it's probably not worth it though. Not in my condition at any rate." Beamer removes his deep red cloak from his back pack and replaces it with his dark green cloak. At least that should cover the signs of battle. He also stows his crossbow so as not to draw attention.

If a reasonable path to a city exit would take them near Koplov's house, Beamer suggests that they go look and see it looks safe to take their payment.

OOC:
* I'm assuming Koplov was among those killed that could be wrong. If that is wrong then this idea is withdrawn.
If Louie gets to nearly a mile away, Beamer will command him to return.

wmasters

First Post
Draig runs, hoping to get either out of the city or find somewhere to hide.

OOC: A roll really depends on what opportunities present themselves. What he's ideally looking for is a dark alley to dart into and hide down, or a building he can run into and disappear in etc, so I guess that's Hide (1d20+1). Otherwise a Con check (1d20+3) might be appropriate if he can't find somewhere to hide, in which case he'd just keep running. He's frantic, confused, disorientated and thinks he's dying in a city he doesn't know, there isn't a logical plan as such, he'll just take any opportunities that come up.

Someone

Adventurer
Knowing well that he can't compete at running through the streets with taller people that know the city far better than he does, Draig looks for a suitable place to hide in. His heart beating, he sees how a cart is being unloaded: some barrels are taken from it and placed next to a small door, while other barrels wait to be loaded in turn on the wagon. In amoment of luck, when nobody is around, he puts one of the unloaded barrels next to the full ones and fits himself, urgosh included, into it, closing the lid in a veritable feat of athletics. Just in time, he hears trampling feet and angered voices just before he's lifted from he ground and stored who knows where.

ooc: Rolled opposed Hide vs Spot checks. This time you got lucky. Grrrrr.

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
Ehhh... guys?

Still here. The action seemed to be centered solely on Draig, so I hadn't thought you needed a post re: Banion.

As Beamer said, ""Let's find Draig first before making any other plans."

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
Still here. The action seemed to be centered solely on Draig, so I hadn't thought you needed a post re: Banion.

As Beamer said, ""Let's find Draig first before making any other plans."

As you wish. If you want to give me some time to prepare, you (wmasters included) could confirm me if you plan to flee immediately (in that case I'd write an epilogue), pillage somebody's house using the current confusion as cover, or help Nordal. Or whatever other option you can think on.

Patlin

Explorer
While Banion wouldn't mind finding a way to collect his pay, it's a pretty low priority at the moment. An epilogue would be fine with me.

Remove ads