Thirteenth Doctor - First Season - Thoughts? (SPOILERS WELCOME)

Mallus

Legend
Yeah, there were so many ways the episode could have gone wrong by making the Doctor the driving force behind Rosa Parks's action. So glad they didn't. Excellent television!

(And so glad Moffat wasn't around for this one. As much as I love his work on Who, I don't think he could have resisted the urge to make the Doctor the protagonist)

Nutation

Explorer
We need occasional Black Orchid-style historicals. This one was a bit heavy-handed on the sociology, but I expected that going in.

I enjoyed seeing Krasko (who couldn't do violence against people) use essentially the Doctor's methods against her - clever little things that disrupt. Well, smashing the bus doesn't fit that description, but neither does the Doctor jumping on Krasko's time bracelet.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Man that was really good, well done!

That song at the end - I think I had something in my eye :.-(

[video=youtube;kNKu1uNBVkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNKu1uNBVkU[/video]

MarkB

Legend
It was very good, with some excellent performances. I felt it was let down a little by the villain himself, who just felt a bit like a placeholder, but the primary cast was excellent.

It felt like it needed some kind of epilogue to it, showing where/when he ended up, hopefully in some form of ironic-justice context. The fact that we didn't get one suggests that we may see him again.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
[video=youtube;JuvI92-K510]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvI92-K510[/video]

This is not a fan video. This is really what BBC America posted on their Youtube page.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One question about the bad guy — why didn’t he just send Rosa Parks back in time? He couldn’t harm her, but he could send people back in time. Seems a much easier way to accomplish his aims.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
One question about the bad guy — why didn’t he just send Rosa Parks back in time? He couldn’t harm her, but he could send people back in time. Seems a much easier way to accomplish his aims.
I can just see it. Rosa Parks arrives to the moment the very first slave ship arrives to America, and somehow ends up ending slavery on the continent before it even begins. :p

Remove ads