D&D 5E This is the full set of 54 Tarokka cards!

Here's my version of a back, just using the candles off the fronts.

image.jpg

afetbinttuzani

First Post
As you all probably know, in the Curse of Strahd hardcover a card reading determines the location of several elements crucial to defeating strahd. This is a cool feature, but doing a reading in game is cumbersome, as you have to page around to find and read the meanings of the cards. This breaks immersion. Sadly, I don't have an eidetic memory, so the page flipping is a necesarry evil.

It would be great if someone developed a simple app that could be used by DMs in game to interpret the cards quickly, without pausing to flip pages.

C-F-K

First Post
It would be great if someone developed a simple app that could be used by DMs in game to interpret the cards quickly, without pausing to flip pages.

WotC would probably charge you for it...

I like the deck of many thing and it gave the exact same problem. But during the flipping of the pages, I had the "fortune teller" go like:
"OOOOhh, this card is exceptionally bad if you where a troll! You would burst out in flames and die... But hence you are not a troll, you <insert card mechanic>"

It gives you a little bit of time and doesn't really break the atmosphere.

afetbinttuzani

First Post
If someone develops an App, they should be compensated for doing so. I don't have issues with paying for it. Someone could perhaps sell it at DMsGuild.com

In the original I6 the DM was encouraged to do a reading beforehand to locate where the items etc are, so that in game all you have to do is read the right bit out whatever cards are shuffled and dealt on the night.

Much simples. Very planning ahead.

afetbinttuzani

First Post
In the new hardcover, you also do the pregame reading. But if/when you do an in-game reading, the new results supercede the pre-game reading. For the in-game reading, you still need to page around to find the boxed text to read for each card.

Yeah but the players won't know the difference.

And (bearing in mind I don't have COS), what's the point in doing the pre game reading if the in game one supersedes it?

Each of the cards can be described as meaning anything. Seems weird. To save the flicky flickness and keep everyone in the moment of what should be a cool, prop-filled encounter, I'd just prep it pregame and stick with it.

Remove ads