• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thks to everyone working privately on e-tools!

mseds99

First Post
I went out and bought e-tools and was not impressed. I was going to bring it back, when I started dowlaoding the updates that eveyone has been making. While it still has its shortcomings, its MUCH more usable than when I first installed. I just wanted to let everone who has worked on making XML (whatever the heck that is), characters, feats, monsters, and everything else, that at least one user REALLY appreciates it and think you're all doing a fantastic job. Really, the product stinks without the work all of you put into it and I'm looking forward to what else all of you do.

Muchas Gracias to all,
mseds99

Renshai

First Post
Yes, thanks everyone! You guys are making this tool infinitely more useful.

Special thanks to Eric for all the tech support he is providing as well.

Ren

drakhe

First Post
Come to think of it, maybe they should have addopted the armybuilder way. Create the TOOLBOX and let us grunts do the hard :D work of providing the content. I have no idea about legal stuff, but anyways armybuilder support is very strong, with a built in easy way of getting/importing updates right in the basic program and a bunch of volunteers who (just like the etools volunteers) do a great job.

drakhe

First Post
BTW: armybuilder is a mini armylist organizer. Out of the box (CD), it doesn't contain any content except a tutorial system (and probably one officialy supported game system: clan war) But the program works realy well and there's widespread support for dozens of game systems by the online community

Farland

Explorer
Let me also add my voice to the chorus of thanks. When a user creates something that will allow us to enter customized classes and prestige classes I will be even more thankful. Is this in the works?

Tolen Mar

First Post
Farland said:
Let me also add my voice to the chorus of thanks. When a user creates something that will allow us to enter customized classes and prestige classes I will be even more thankful. Is this in the works?

Here! Here!

While I love everything this tool can do, I find it amazing that they left that one item out. With the dozens of PrC's available, we need some way to add in the ones we are using.

Of course, its probably a marketing ploy so they can charge us again for the splatbooks...
(I hope not.)

Thanx everyone for the work you've done!

Pale

First Post
Nope, I doubt that it was a marketing ploy. The problem wirh prestige classes is exactly what you mentioned: There are so many of them and none of them really follow a set pattern. That and Fluid was contracted to put in only what was in the core rules. There being no hard and fast rules for creating prestige classes just makes it a huge, nasty can of programming worms. :D

And I add my thanks as well to all of the hard work going into eTools from the fan base.

Davin

First Post
Farland said:
When a user creates something that will allow us to enter customized classes and prestige classes I will be even more thankful. Is this in the works?
Yes, this is in the works (within the limits of the database, anyway).

Remove ads