Hair Brown
Eyes Brown
Skin Weathered Tan
Background Soldier (war veteran)
Personality Agent (patriotic, serious)

Init +1; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common
Action Points 7

AC 24, touch 15, flat-footed 23 (+2 with potion of shield of faith +2)
HP 48 (+10 with potion of bear's endurance)
Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +4; Zealous Surge (1 reroll/day, must take new roll)

Speed 20' (4 squares)
Base Attack +5; Grapple +6
Melee mw. warhammer +8 (1d8+1, x3)
Ranged mw. composite longbow (+1) +7 (1d8+1, x3, 110')

Attack Options Furious Counterstrike (+1/5 Steely Resolve to attack/damage)
Special Actions Steely Resolve (0/10),
Combat Gear elixir of Sneaking x2 (Crafted), elixir of hiding x2 (Crafted), potion of cure light wounds x5, potion of shield of faith +2 x2, oil of iron silence, potion of sanctuary x1, potion of hide from animals, potion of fly, potion of invisibility, noxious smokestick, alchemists spark x2, tanglefoot bag x2, potion of bear's endurance (+10 hp, +2 fort), holy water x2

Crusader Stances (IL 5th)
1st - Iron Guard's Glare, Martial Spirit
Crusader Maneuvers Known (IL 5th)
2nd - Foehammer, Shield Block, Battle Leader's Charge
1st - Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Leading The Attack, Douse the Flame
Maneuvers Readied (5, 2 at start of encounter)
2nd - Foehammer, Shield Block
1st - Crusader's Strike, Vanguard Strike, Douse the Flame

Abilities Str +1, Dex +1, Con +4, Int -1, Wis -1, Cha +3
SQ Indomitable Soul (Cha to Will),
Feats Weapon Focus (Warhammer), Shield Specialization, Shield Ward
Skills (-6 ACP; -1 with oil of iron silence for Hide & Move) Diplomacy +11, Intimate +11, K. Religion +3, Martial Lore +3; Listen +3, Spot +3; Hide +0 (+10 with elixir), Move Silently +0 (+10 with elixir)
Gear +1 Full Plate, +1 Heavy Shield, mw composite (+1) longbow, 40 arrows, mw. Warhammer, cloak of resistance +1 (crafted), locked gauntlets, backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, manacles (av. lock), rations x5, rope, hemp, waterskin, whetstone, lantern, bullseye, oil, 4 pints, sunrod x2, feather token, bird, ink, inkpen, papper, 700 gp for group fund, 50 silver
[/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle:
I can go either way, though Bonal isn't great for stealth, I did get some elixirs that give him a net of +2 to move silently/hide, so that isn't impossible to pull off.

Sneaking in would be the far more evil thing to do to the other players though. :)

EDIT:
Just read that there was an airship moored to the top of the tower.

In taht case, the tacticaly better optoin would be to climb to the top, clear/secure the ship and then move down. If we rush in, they'd have a good chance of fleeing to the ship and making a getway, and I doubt we'll be able to stop an airship once it takes off.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I'm thinking I'll whip up an illusionist, banned Necromancy/Conjuration (after all, undead and demons are EVIL!). I can prep Invisibility Sphere, Silence and Knock and keep enough Spider Climb scrolls on hand to get us in.

An equipment suggestion for others: If you want to be REALLY evil, everyone bring at least one Elemental Gem. Each one goes for about 2000 gold and summons a CR 5 large elemental to fight for you for 9 rounds.

Eidalac

Explorer
Ah, too slow on my edit. ;)

In short - going up the tower via magic is the more sound option, since they have an airship up top.

EDIT:
Nac Mac Feegle:
Damn. That is evil.

I love it. :)

Not sure I can swing the cost, but I'll take a look. :cool:

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
If you guys are willing to chip in we can upgrade from Spider Climb to Fly, which will give people a lot more options (and the ability to catch an airship that runs away). Each scroll would cost 375gp to buy or 187.5gp and 15xp to make (I'll get Scribe Scroll for free - DrZombie, will we be at exactly 5th level or can we spare some XP for item crafting?).

Eidalac

Explorer
I should be able to help with that; since this build is more about AC, I can give up the +1 on my weapon without much pain, and I can still drop enough other stuff to get a Gem if I do decide to go that route.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
If I can jump in I am thinking a Changeling Bard 3/ Fighter 2 Archer and the Eberron feat to increase Inspire Courage...

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Just for a note of caution, I wouldn't go too heavy on the gems. We know this is a one-shot fight for us most likely, but I still say we should probably follow the do unto others rule, and I know I'd be pissed if the 'Equal level' party my DM threw at me had their entire cash reserves sunk into 1-shot items.

I still want to go for the scrolls, though. Those I can self-craft and we could have made in a day when we learned what happened.

Zurai

First Post
Yeah, honestly, any more than 1 gem in the party would probably violate my internal good sports rule. Scrolls are fair game though with a crafter - especially scrolls that are extremely useful utility-wise like fly and invisibility.

Eidalac

Explorer
Heh.

I never spend more than 50% my cash on a single item, and then only on 1; nothing else gets more than about 25%. Even in a one-shot fight, blowing everything on a few pricey items isn't a good bet. If they can counter it, you are toasted, and I'd rather be a bit weaker for versatility than risk that sort of situation.

If I do decide to get a gem, I'll only have 1, and probably air, for tactical reasons.

EDIT:
Plus, if I wanted to be cheap, I'd have taken the Stone Power feat. ;)

Remove ads