• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thrane strike force. RAIDERS OF AUNDAIR STAY OUT

Eidalac

Explorer
Bonal's tactics:
Firstly, I'll want to get up close and personal.

Depending on stances, I can either heal (myself or any ally in 30') 2 hp every time I land a blow, or I can give anyone I threaten an -4 to attacking any of my allies. And since up to 10 hp worth of damage each round are delayed (and give me attack and damage bonuses), I want them to hit me - so I can hit back.

As a Crusader, I start out with 2 of my 5 readied maneuvers when an encounter starts, gaining 1 more at the end of each round - each is picked at random by the DM. Once i burn up all 5, the cycle restarts.

But the bulk of my maneuvers are damage adders or grant bonuses to/for adjacent allies, so I'll want to stick near the other melee folks as much as the enemy.

Zurai

First Post
Actually, I guess I can pass my wondrous items through you and contribute the savings to group money.

cloak of resistance +1
brute gauntlets
sandles of sprinting

The latter two are from the MIC. I also have some potions/oils if you can make those as well:

fly
invisibility
x2
repair moderate damage x3

Zurai

First Post
Armament's tactics are simple: Engage and destroy. He's damnably hard to take out (59 hp, DR 2/adamantine, and stays concious until he dies) and has some hard-hitting manuevers. His magic items improve his mobility and let him deal truly punishing damage if he chooses. His max single-round damage is 6d6+19 with Bonecrusher plus max Power Attack and all 3 charges of the brute gauntlets (and he pretty much auto-confirms a crit on this strike), or he can use Steel Wind to hit two enemies, or he can use Emerald Razor to tear into a heavily-armored foe. He also keeps Moment of Perfect Mind in reserve, so he can pretty much shrug off one Will save per encounter (or more, if he gets the chance to reset his manuevers).

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I am thinking of picking up a scroll of a few tactical or useful spells: a second level spell and a first level spell of two.

I was thinking Darkness, Silence or Summon Swarm, and Alarm and Expeditions Retreat. I have about 150gp to spend.

My Caster Level is only 3 and I will need a caster level check to cast 2nd level spells. but it should not be so bad. What do ya think?

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Zurai said:
Actually, I guess I can pass my wondrous items through you and contribute the savings to group money.

cloak of resistance +1
brute gauntlets
sandles of sprinting

The latter two are from the MIC. I also have some potions/oils if you can make those as well:

fly
invisibility
x2
repair moderate damage x3

I can do the Brute and Cloak - Sandals require CL 6, and I don't have Brew Potion.

Eidalac

Explorer
Silence could defiantly be good - to keep our own noise down as much as anything.

The rest are generally all solid picks, though I don't know how much use we'd get out alarm during a raid situation.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
For alarm I am thinking of putting it on a back or front door so that we would know they were trying to escape, or perhaps the Air-Ship dock as well.

Last edited:

Eidalac

Explorer
Ah, just re-read the spell - I though it was just an audible alarm (which could be set off by a guard and give us away), but since it can be cast to give a mental alarm, that's not an issue.

I'd be slightly concerned about getting close enough to cast it, but since we are going the invisible & flying route, that's not much of an issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads