Threads/page and posts/page reduced

Psion

Adventurer
Blackrat said:
Ah, okay then. I was wondering what was going on and came to meta to ask about it. No need to anymore it seems. Is this temporary? Does it go away with EN2? I like mine with 40 posts/page

Unless they turned it off, you can still override in your options.

Edit: Well, it's not explicitly off, but the only alternate option isn't meaningful, so yeah, I guess 15 posts/page it is...

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Psion said:
Unless they turned it off, you can still override in your options.

Edit: Well, it's not explicitly off, but the only alternate option isn't meaningful, so yeah, I guess 15 posts/page it is...
Yeah and the alternate option gives the 15/page. The default option just freaks my browser completely. I don't even know what it does. Could be that I'm on computer that uses IE 5 right now.

Mishihari Lord

First Post
I don't like it at all. It's a lot more button-pushing to read threads. After the previous set-up I now tend to get tired of pushing buttons and wander off to other web sites. Hopefully it's just a temporary measure until the new version is launched.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Yeah, it's killing me, too.

My hope and expectation is that it'll go away with the software upgrade, as we get rid of some of the cruft that is slowing us down.

Jemal

Adventurer
Both options show 15/page for me, and it is a bit of a pain not having the ability to change it (though I think someone else pointed out that was intentional). I haven't noticed much of a change in load times, though.. sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes to load a page, sometimes its nearly instant, same as last month. *shrug* Well if it's working for some people that's better than being broken for everyone I guess, eh?
*L* I was actually coming to this board to post a question asking why I couldn't change my posts/page back, so yay this answers everything.

Hope the planned upgrade takes care of things.

Remove ads