Threads/page and posts/page reduced

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
It seems to vary by forum for me...here in Meta it's 15 posts per page, most other places I've been it's 20.

Do sticked threads count in the 20-threads-per-page? If so, then the 4e forum is actually only about 16-per-page...

Count me as a vote to get back to a bigger number at some point, please. (I'm one of those people who ignores things unless they're on page 1, particularly when viewing thread titles)

Lanefan

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Ah, so there is an explanation for it. Thought it was a bug or something. I'll try to adjust, but I already miss the 50 per page I had my options set to. :(

Haven't really noticed any difference, though honestly the only time I notice a difference is when it becomes REALLY slow. Oh well.

Staffan

Legend
I have noticed that when loading a page, it often "hangs" for quite a while before displaying the latest 4e updates (see attached picture). I'm thinking that maybe that's a database lookup that's taking a while too long, and that if you left it out things would speed up. Of course, I'm not an expert, but I figured it couldn't hurt to bring it up.

Attachments

• ENWorld hangup.jpg
    ENWorld hangup.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 87

diaglo

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Yeah, it's killing me, too.

My hope and expectation is that it'll go away with the software upgrade, as we get rid of some of the cruft that is slowing us down.
baked on cruft requires elbow grease mang.
can you so do that with a hook?

Remove ads