Three new Star Wars movies

I love Taika Waititi, and I'd love to see what he'd do in the Star Wars universe, but I agree that his sensibility is not a great match for what we've seen so far.
Here's a on set pic of the work Waitit is doing with Star Wars.

burnt-and-melted-trash-bin-from-fire-in-the-city-of-athens-after-a-demonstration-event.jpg

Here's a on set pic of the work Waitit is doing with Star Wars.

burnt-and-melted-trash-bin-from-fire-in-the-city-of-athens-after-a-demonstration-event.jpg
This is just inaccurate.

Instead it should be a picture of Taika's headphotoshopped on to Han Solo with hand-drawn hearts around it and Taika's hand drawing the hearts. He already threatened to make himself a character. A trash fire would be TRoS, but we'll get something much more self-indulgent instead, judging by his recent work.

Vael

Legend
I have mixed opinions on Love and Thunder. I thought Jane had her best outing (which, I know, not a high bar, but still), I thought the goats were fun. But Valkyrie was wasted and they've gone too far and Flanderized Thor himself. The black and white asteroid is one of the more striking visuals of Phase 4, and Gor ... I liked Christian Bale's performance. I felt like the pacing was somewhat better than Ragnarok, a movie I love, but it does undercut all of its emotional beats, and I think L&T doesn't do that as much.

BrokenTwin

Biological Disaster
Love and Thunder had good moments, but it really felt like two movies that got smashed together with no care to how they fit. And good lord Thor was already the most inconsistently written character in the MCU, but he's a flat out cartoon character in L&T.
Thor sharing his power with the kids to fight the shadow beasts was complete nonsense that I unabashedly adored.

Love and Thunder had good moments, but it really felt like two movies that got smashed together with no care to how they fit. And good lord Thor was already the most inconsistently written character in the MCU, but he's a flat out cartoon character in L&T.
Thor sharing his power with the kids to fight the shadow beasts was complete nonsense that I unabashedly adored.
I swear you guys just like making me angry.

AstroCat

Adventurer
To answer the bold bit: basically everyone who ISN'T an enraged Gen-Xer who thinks he owns Star Wars because he saw it when he was a kid.

Gen-X already threw the worlds biggest nerd tantrum and pity-party for themselves over the Sequel Trilogy, declared it the worst thing ever, said it had destroyed Star Wars, and that everyone would always hate it forever.

Then that was proven not to be true. Surprising as it might be, an entire generation quite likes those movies, or at least views them kindly. Plus Filoni managed to spin gold out of that straw.

So getting mad and self-pitying in the exact same way about the Sequel Trilogy? Nah guys, it's over. You had your party, you don't get to have the same party twice. The Prequels had their issues, but they turned out to be salvageable. I daresay the Sequels will too in the right hands.
You are so wrong (look I can do it too!)... The sequels are total garbage with no redemption, almost no one likes them, stop kidding yourself. The Prequels are at least still Star Wars in spirit, sure PM was old school "made for tv special" level lame but the next two were nowhere near as rotten as TLJ (all time worst) and TRoS. I don't own it but I sure as heck supported it for decades and it was really great as a kid to have that for all those years. To see it wrecked is a bummer and kid's now think SW is generally stupid and lame, my son's gen couldn't give two craps about SW because they trashed it. You got a blip on Grogu, but they don't really care about the IP, it's just cute muppet level. Didn't know you were the part of party police, talk about entitled, fits right in with where SW is as an IP these days.

Last edited:

The sequels are total garbage with no redemption, almost no one likes them, stop kidding yourself.
LOL.

Just like your generation said about the Prequels. Let's see who is right in a few years, eh? An entire generation of kids will have grown up with the Sequels as "their" Star Wars, just like you did with the OT. And you can call them names, just your generation did with the kids who grew up with the Prequels and loved them because of that, but it won't change how they feel.
TLJ (all time worst)
Only on planet "Ancient Gen-Xer".
Didn't know you were the part of party police, talk about entitled, fits right in with where SW is as an IP these days.
Wait, you're the one saying it's all trash and nobody is allowed to like it, but you're calling ME entitled and the "party police"? I think you're a little confused, son.

pukunui

Legend
You are so wrong (look I can do it too!)... The sequels are total garbage with no redemption, almost no one likes them, stop kidding yourself. The Prequels are at least still Star Wars in spirit, sure PM was old school "made for tv special" level lame but the next two were nowhere near as rotten as TLJ (all time worst) and TRoS. I don't own it but I sure as heck supported it for decades and it was really great as a kid to have that for all those years. To see it wrecked is a bummer and kid's now think SW is generally stupid and lame …
Attack of the Clones is the worst one by far. I’d prefer to watch Rise of Skywalker. And I’m 42.

Oh, and my kids (11, 14, and 17) love Star Wars. The ST didn’t kill their love of SW at all.

Remove ads