• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thunderstorms & Work...

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
So I'm sitting at work this evening and I start hearing thunder. Get mildly freaked, but nothing too bad. Then I start hearing the crackling in the headset. I couldn't see the lightning, but I know it's out there. Then about half the computers in the room go off and come back. Fortunatly mine wasn't one of them. I will say this has woken me up.

Just had to ramble somewhere about this.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Where do you work?

We had them come through around midnight... was really cool. I'm a fan of thunderstorms. And rain in general, but thunderstorms are awesome. Now luckily, tornados were much south of me, and I definitely don't like tornados.

Welverin

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
I do Internet Tech Support for Taconic Technology in Chatham, NY.

Howdy almost semi-neighboor!

I was playing JK2 when it started raining and just when i stopped to go online the lighning started and I decided I'd better shut off the computer before nature shut it off for me.

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
Welverin said:
Howdy almost semi-neighboor!

On a cosmic scale we are practicaly standing next to each other. :)

Welverin said:
I was playing JK2 when it started raining and just when i stopped to go online the lighning started and I decided I'd better shut off the computer before nature shut it off for me.

Always a good idea because when Nature shuts it off for you it gets expensive. ;)

Welverin

First Post
Psychotic Dreamer said:
On a cosmic scale we are practicaly standing next to each other. :)

But that goes for anyone one Earth.

Always a good idea because when Nature shuts it off for you it gets expensive. ;)

Yep, it was still rather annoying. I only got to read Sluggy and couple other strips before I decided it was too risky.

diaglo

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
I love thunderstorms and rain. There's not enough of it in Atlanta, sadly. I miss my good ol' rumbling thunderstorms from Texas.

you need to come out to my neck of the woods.

nothing like Stoned Mtn for some crackling goodness.

i lose power every single time.

AuroraGyps

First Post
We had thunderstorms off & on for about 24 hours yesterday. I didn't even try to go the computer. It's a good thing my cat isn't a jumpy spaz about thunder or she would have been squirreled away all day.;)

Remove ads