• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Tiefling question

Kelly Kellogg

First Post
Do y'all think its reasonable to give a PC tiefling of a higher level the same attack (Draining kiss) of sucubus/incubus if the tiefling's bloodline has some sucubus/incubus in there?

(Of course, all depends on my DM's decision and what not. Just random thought that i wanted opinions on)

S

Sunseeker

Giving a character something special is OK in my book if there is A: an appropriate trade-off; or B: they have done something to earn it.

So I mean that's really my two cents on the issue without more context.

The Succubus as a creature also implies certain content and activity may be present within the game, and that's something that should be addressed, especially if a player has succubus-like powers.

Kelly Kellogg

First Post
Giving a character something special is OK in my book if there is A: an appropriate trade-off; or B: they have done something to earn it.

So I mean that's really my two cents on the issue without more context.

The Succubus as a creature also implies certain content and activity may be present within the game, and that's something that should be addressed, especially if a player has succubus-like powers.

Of course, only if the content is allowed. I've veen playing with the idea for awhile, and think i started a project lol

S

Sunseeker

Of course, only if the content is allowed. I've veen playing with the idea for awhile, and think i started a project lol

If you're thinking of making some custom races with variant demon ancestries I suggest taking a look at Paizo's "Blood of Fiends" if you haven't already.

Kelly Kellogg

First Post
No full custom race. Just a tiefling with a succubus mother. So tiefling base, just wanna make him LIKE an incubus, but not evil or a immortal devil. Charm spells, charismatic. Something not OP but still incubus like.

Satyrn

First Post
I'd suggest writing up a tiefling-only feat called Succubus Power Unleashed that gives you the features you're aiming for.

Assuming y'all use feats and your character is close to gaining one.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
No full custom race. Just a tiefling with a succubus mother. So tiefling base, just wanna make him LIKE an incubus, but not evil or a immortal devil. Charm spells, charismatic. Something not OP but still incubus like.

You might also want to use the SCAG tiefling variant, Devil's Tongue.

Vicious Mockery instead of thaumaturgy at 1st level
Charm Person at 3rd level (cast as a 2nd level spell)
Enthrall at 5th level

Draining Kiss could definitely be a tiefling racial feat, I'm not sure on the power of it so it may be fine as the only feat benefit or it might need a little something extra to like +1 Charisma as well. Of course, I'm just some guy on the internet, you and your DM will have to sort this one out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads