Tier list for PF classes, or summary of each?

Systole

First Post
Ohhhhh, now I get it. Everything Celtavian says is a fact, while everything Stream of the Sky -- excuse me -- Stream of the Sky says is an opinion, because Stream of the Sky has never played Pathfinder before. Clearly.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
The Stream of the Sky approves of this thread.

[sblock]Since The Stream of the Sky is already being bolded, separated into individual words, and referred to in the third person, The Stream of the Sky thinks adding "The" to his formal name is appropriate.[/sblock]

Samurai

Adventurer
Look, some of you may not like Celtavian getting a bit angry, but as far as the facts he is stating, I can 100% confirm it. His game sounds almost exactly like my game. Casters are simple to counter, but the massive physical damage dealers make mincemeat of every enemy I throw at them. A 2-headed, 600 hp dragon vs a party of 11th level characters... the dragon is dead in 1 round thanks to the melee characters. The Sorcerer doesn't even bother casting fireballs and such most of the time, he uses his wand of Enlarge to make the Barbarian/Fighter size Large, increasing his damage even further. How long would it take a Sorcerer to get through the SR and very high saves of a dragon? A long time. But when a martial character like Celtavian described or like the one in my game can chew through such a foe in a round or 2 (and now the monk in our group is getting up there too, especially against lower AC enemies... his attack bonuses are nowhere near as high, but to compensate his defenses are the best in the party with evasion, massive AC, high saves, dodge/mobility chain, and Ki point in defense, he's almost impossible to hit)

enrious

Look, some of you may not like The Stream of the Sky not getting even a little bit angry, but as far as the facts he is stating, I can 100% confirm it. His game sounds exactly like my game.

And so on.

And so forth.

Blah blah blah lolmelee. Lolrogue. Lolmonk. Loldexbasedmelee. Lolnon-caster. LolCMD. Loltumble. Lolranger. Lolmonk. (It bears saying twice.)

Flatus Maximus

First Post
My issue right now is that I don't know how to get the 3 feats I need at 1st level. I need scribe scroll, spell focus (conjuration), and augment summoning. Are there ways in Pathfinder to get more than 2 feats at 1st level?

I guess if I had to settle on only 2, I'd hold augment summoning for later. At low levels, there is a paucity of spells, so being able to scribe many backup scrolls would be paramount.

You shouldn't be summoning at level 1 since you'll only have it for one round, so Augment Summoning can wait.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yes, unless it's a summoner (who can summon for 1 min / CL), summoning at CL 1 is pretty pointless. That said, to answer the question on getting more feats at level 1 in a PF-only game... The only option The Stream of the Sky is aware of is in APG, where option hero point type rules were introduced. IF your DM uses them, there is an optional to not receive any and never be able to benefit from them, even via spells that give temporary points. In return, you get a bonus feat.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

And if Wizards produce a balance-at-the-cost-of-anything-like-enjoyment D&D again then I will pass on the thing. Sorry, as I have said before, I have literally enjoyed watching paint dry more than playing 4e. ...

Tastes vary. I personally enjoy 4e gaming much more than 3.5 or Pathfinder. And character creation is much less work (epically equipment).
(But I prefer Mutants & Masterminds as a system even more.)

Walking Dad

First Post
Just re-reading 'Come and Get me'. How can it be used against flying enemies with reach? Or massive breath weapons?

And why I not often play high level Pathfinder games, I did so in 3.5.

My druid and shadowcaster gnome kept usually in the back, purposefully not using many spells or abilities to avoid overshadowing the other characters. The spellcasters in other games I DMed also dominated the game.
So that it was no big issue is simply false from my experience.

BTW, dealing massive amounts of damage was never what made D&D or any other RPG fun to me. Having many options to reach the goal was more like it.

Last edited:

Remove ads