• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ties that Bind - 3.5 Forgotten Realms Gestalt

Wrahn

First Post
If you are still looking for Alts, I would consider putting my name forth...

But I am not sure if I should make a character if this is an alt pool drawn from the atruistic and the not so altruistic games. (ie should I make a merc or a hero or both)

gabrion

First Post
Wrahn said:
If you are still looking for Alts, I would consider putting my name forth...

But I am not sure if I should make a character if this is an alt pool drawn from the atruistic and the not so altruistic games. (ie should I make a merc or a hero or both)

Well the game does currently have an alt list (with three people on it after Keia if I remember correctly), so it's would be totally up to you if you wanted to make something. If you do make a character with full level advancement and history you won't necessarily be at the end of the alt list though as I will evaluate the character and place it appropriately on the alt list. This goes for you too Ferrix (if you're still reading this); your character is at the bottom of the alt list cause he doesn't have enough to him for me to make a proper evaluation.

If you do decide to throw your hat in the ring of alts Wrahn, you are right to think that there will be a slight tension between the merc. concept and the hero. If you make a character who fits better into one, you will be more likely to be the chosen alt if an opening comes up in that side of the game. However, if you can make your concept in such a way that a few changes could make him/her fit on either side, you will have a better overall chance.

Hope this helps and I'll be watching this thread in case you do submit a character for consideration as an alt.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
gabrion said:
This goes for you too Ferrix (if you still reading this); your character is at the bottom of the alt list cause he doesn't have to him for me to make a proper evaluation.

I'll finish it then.

Wrahn

First Post
I have something of a background for a character, though it may be more of an epic scope that you intend:

Background:
[sblock]Ahdren was young, good looking and rich, he was from a wealthy merchant family and was on his first trip to Calimshan. Dergan, his older brother, had convinced him to come to the temple of Sharess with him, not that it had taken much convincing. That is where he was, in the arms of a beautiful priestess, when she walked by.

He had seen beautiful women before, there were plenty around here even, but none of them had made his heart leap into his throat like she did. It wasn’t just her beauty, though exceedingly beautiful she was, it was her presence, she almost radiated a power.

“Who was that?” He asked breathlessly to his companion which he had spent an exorbitant fee to spend the evening with.

She let loose a throaty chuckle, not offended in the least, “Her name is Ashada, she is something of a legend in the church.”

“Can I meet her?” Ahdren thought, mentally inventorying every valuable he had, all the coin he could get his hands on. He would gladly spend it all for an evening with her, Ashada.

The priestess shook her head apologetically, “She isn’t a priestess, she follow an older path of the goddess.”

Ahdren looked back at his companion, laying back down on the cushion next to her, “I am sorry, I guess I don’t know that much about your goddess.”

“In the past Sharess was a fearsome warrior, battling dark gods. Some adhere to her older traditions.”

Ashada had been tall and muscular, but very feminine, it was hard to imagine her swing a sword, fighting dark gods, “You are saying she is some type of warrior?”

“If the rumors are to be believed, she is a very good one. Appearances can be deceptive, she isn’t exactly human.” She turned and poured a large goblet of wine which she drank from and handed to him. “If you believe the stories, she is from the loins of an angel and a snake-woman. Born as some kind of obscene experiment, the snake woman was a powerful mage who summoned forth an angel to impregnate her.”

“Whatever dark purposes the snake woman had for the child, we will probably never know. The angel, though bound from coming to this world, called in favors and Ashada was rescued by a group of powerful nymphs. If you believe such things.”

Ahdren sipped from the goblet, still fixated on the Ashada, “What happened to her?”

His companion smiled, amused, “Well the nymphs raised her, wild girl of the forest, her mixed ancestry left her with odd. She is said to have inherited her mothers people knack for mind magic. Anyway, when she was old enough she sought out her father.”

“Her father was a powerful force, both for good and for order. He instructed her in his ways, proud to have his daughter by his side. She chaffed some under the constraints placed upon her, she had been raised by nymphs after all, but she found that she loved her father and wanted to please him.”

“So she returned from the heavens and began a crusade against her mother and her people, who had made many attempts over the year to capture her and destroy the nymphs who had saved her. But her love for her father could not change who she was. Ashada found a slave girl who had escaped from her masters. Though she tried to buy her from her cruel master, they would not have any of it, and when she refused to turn her over she was arrested.”

“Finally she had had enough, she broke out of jail, broke into the slavers compound and rescued the slave girl. Though she was true to herself, her acts caused her to fall. She had abandon the high ideals of her fathers teaching and lost it’s divine blessing.”

“The slave girl, though it turns out was none other that Sharess, testing Ashada. Ashada’s private war she had been waging against her mother’s people, had drawn Sharess’s attention, for Sharess’s ancient enemy, the dark god she had been fighting, had been a snake.”

“Sharess took Ashada as a lover and told her many things. If you believe the story, Ashada became Sharess’s voice.”

Ahdren was a little stunned, a living representative of god had just walked by him, but then again here was an adherent of Sharess and she didn’t show much reaction, “You don’t believe the story?”

“Well, let’s just say I am skeptical. If Ashada speaks with Sharess’s voice it represents a fundamental change in her dogma. While I do admit she has a presence about her and she does exhibit aspects of divine favor, the high priestess remains unconvinced. “ her painted lips turned upwards to a smile, “Besides, I don’t think I would make much of a warrior.”[/sblock]

gabrion

First Post
@BS-Sorry about leaving up the "calling" for longer than I needed to. :blushes

@Keia-Thx for changing it for me! I also wanted to put forth a new idea for you entering the game. Rystil's character, Cassandra, helped a group of people from Sundabar escape from drow slavers just a bit before he came to Silverymoon. I was thinking that those people, once they got back to Sundabar, could have scrapped together a reward and sent you to find Cassandra in Silverymoon and give it to her. Right now the group is travelling the road from Silverymoon to Sundabar, so your paths could cross, and having fullfilled you task, you might accompany the two of them at least as far back as Sundabar (and hopefully they will convince you to go even further :) ). Let me know if this sounds good to you.

@Wrahn-Looks good, but you'll also want to add the class progression of the character. You don't have to do a full stat block, just list the level breakdown and history.

Remove ads