Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar

GSFRumble

First Post
The Dwarf king Bruenor Battlehammer repeatedly uses the phrase "...or I'm a bearded gnome!" throughout the Drizzt Do'Urden books by R.A. Salvatore. At one or three points, the phrase is identified as a Dwarven statement of disbelief. I *think* that Ivan Bouldershoulder uses it in the books involving Cadderly also, but I don't remember (though I swear now solemnly, my next character WILL be a Pikel Bouldershoulder clone ^_^).

As an aside; master DM, you'n I need to knock heads to determine just how much information my character has himself, being a Dwarf of the Citadel (albeit one that spends at least a third of his waking moments outside the walls smashing things :D).

Kyoni

First Post
gabrion said:
  • I'm not a mean DM, so I will usually try to figure out what your intent is with a particular action. Of course I'll draw the line someplace (saying "I kill babies" can't be construed to mean, "of course I'm friends with a lot of paladins"), but as long as we try to be clear on both sides, there shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  • Lastly, if you have any confusion about an IG interaction, just ask here so we can sort it out!
That's why I posted here :) to ask.
I wanted to be sure and not make any mistakes :) new DM, new rules :)
I really enjoyed it till now and I want to keep it that way :D

@GSFRumble
Ooops, well it was the first expression that came to my mind so I used it, I didn't realize that it's more of a dwarf-only expression :heh:
Do you have any halflingish expression like this? I'm always looking for new funny expressions with some punch :lol:

gabrion

First Post
Kyoni said:
That's why I posted here :) to ask.
I wanted to be sure and not make any mistakes :) new DM, new rules :)
I really enjoyed it till now and I want to keep it that way :D

I agree, it's always best to ask bout things like that when getting into a new game, so be sure (all of you) to ask if you have any other concerns. :)

Everyone, as I pointed out in the other OOC thread, I'm particularly busy this week with midterms, so I've been a little slow in updating things. I'll be done with the crunch soon enough though and things will pick back up. Thanks for being patient.

Kyoni

First Post
@gabrion
Just a little info about the little dwarf and Yorlii's point of view on this whole little thing:
she tries to convert him into an informant for her in the city. It's not sure whether this effort will pay off at some point, but it's a form of insurance from her roguish point of view. One of the reasons she gave him 2 gold pieces, is to put a little damper on his thieving. Maybe he'll even discover that being an informant as main job, could be far more rewarding and less dangerous.

For the rest of that encounter: you can have her return to the tavern whenever you wish, she is pretty much done, unless you want to extend this some more.

@GSFRumble
would be funny if that beardless dwarf would take you to the tavern where we two other candidates are :p

GSFRumble

First Post
Yes I know; 'twould certainly make things easier, though it'd certainly be nice if we could get a DM Stamp o' Approval and then have Jares come down from his room and actually do something.

Is Someone still alive?

gabrion

First Post
GSFRumble said:
Yes I know; 'twould certainly make things easier, though it'd certainly be nice if we could get a DM Stamp o' Approval and then have Jares come down from his room and actually do something.

Is Someone still alive?

Well personally I don't see a good motivation for the three of you to get together even if you do meet in a tavern. If you can convince me otherwise I would be glad to here it, but the point of having you all summoned to do the same job is to get the group together.

Even if you do come across eachother in a bar and somehow breach the topic of meeting with the king the next day (which BTW, seems like the particular kind of thing you wouldn't discuss with other people), you will still have to meet with him the next day. I'm just wondering if ya'll meeting in the bar will move anything forward?

Now if you want to do it just to RP with one another then I'm fine with it (although I too hope that Someone will appear for the fun), but I want to make sure that you all are not trying to create a logical reason to form the party in a tavern when there is no such reason. If you do want to push things back a bit by meeting the bar and chating, I won't object, but let me know on here so I can update the IG thread to accomodate this.

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
Well I've made it so that you are all three in the same tavern, but for some reason only GFSRumble has responded so far. Just thought I would check and see if you need some other prompting, kyoni.

@Someone-Sorry you have had to wait all this time while the other two do their things. Hopefully we will move ahead sometime soon. ;) Just to be sure you are still alive though, could you drop a line here? I assume that your character was going to sleep till the next day (in which case you'll just have to wait a bit for the other two), but since the others want to talk at the bar for a while, you can feel free to come back down if you want.

Kyoni

First Post
Why is this a solo campaign? :)
I'm right here :p

Info for all: as friday is holiday here, I've planned a long weekend... thus I won't be able to post from thursday evening till sunday evening, sorry :(

Someone

Adventurer
Yes, I´m still here. Just wondering: if we wanted to get petty thieves and beat low level dwarves, we could have saved a lot of work creating 1st level characters :p

Remove ads