Ties that Bind OOC - Citadel Adbar

Kyoni

First Post
I'm ready to move to the next day whenever GSF ist :)

edit: this means Yorlii will listen to their conversation but not go and talk to them... as Yorlii only sleeps two hours, the dwarves will go to bed before she does. So for me, we can warp to the next day whenever GSF says it's ok.

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
Disclaimer: I want to get everyone on the same page so to speak, so plead don't be offended by any of the following. You guys have done a good job of RP thus far, but I'm not sure I've been clear about my expectations, so maybe this will help...

I happen to agree with Someone here. I gave you guys some quick encounters to deal with since you went looking for them (notice that most of it you didn't have to roll, in order to expediate things), but I really think we should move on. If people wanted to, they could keep a single day in game time going for a year on PbP, but that's really not what I had in mind.

As a matter of fact, because I didn't directly address this expectation before, let me put it out there now. I don't like slow PbP games (well, in as much as any PbP can escape being slow). I'm not going to be a jerk about it at this point (since I'd didn't give any kind of warning), but in the future if people are really slowing down group progress in some way, I will make bad things happen to them.

I realize that this entails two slightly negative things. 1) You will have to metagame a bit. Really I don't mind this all that much for this purpose. For instance, you all could know that Someone is ready to move on to the next day, and even while your character has no such knowledge, you can act on it in order to be polite to the other players. 2) You may miss out on some small details of character development cause you don't get to RP everything you normally would. This is a sad fact of PbP. If we want to get anything done, we have to give up RPing our breakfast every now and then.

As of right now Someone and Kyoni are ready to move to the meeting the next day, but we need to hear from GFS. I'm going to say that the next day actually happens 24 hours (real time) from now, so you have from now till then to say "I drink, sleep, take a crap, wake up, and head over to the meeting (in whatever clever way you wish to say that of course)." 'till then.

Kyoni

First Post
gabrion:
I am really sorry :(
(no I'm not offended, but I'm sad you got kind of angry at us)
to my defense I can only say: I'm new to Pbp and I really hesitate to simply take over npcs to shorten it up.
I always tried to give little ooc infos that would allow to shorten things up, whenever it was possible. If that is not the right way to do it, please tell me if you are all right with us taking over npcs or how you want us (or me) to do it?
I can understand you are angry about this ever lengthening intro, which is why Yorlii didn't go and talk to the dwarves.

If I may ask a favor: if Yorlii goes wandering about at night or occupying herself, if is only because her ring makes her be fully rested after two hours of sleep, please, please don't react to this every time (like giving her encounters). It was only to act in caracter, as she does not sleep as much as others. I do realize I should have made this clear or find some other occupation, so next time I'll mention she is just keeping herself busy till her bedtime.

Again, I'm sorry :(

gabrion

First Post
[sblock=kyoni]

Really, don't feel bad. My post above was just frank in order to get the message across very simply. In this particular case I'm as much at fault as anyone, I just want to make sure people got the point that this intro is taking a little too long.

That said, I don't forsee this being too much of a problem in the future, because the intro to games are unique in that you all are working independently of one another. In most cases the game won't slow down for any one character because they can always react to what the group is doing.

To answer you question, no I don't want you taking control of NPCs (unless I give you the nod to do so). Really though, your quick encounter wasn't really too much of a problem and I don't think it will be too much of an issue in the future. I'm not mad at you, I promise. :)[/sblock]

GSFRumble

First Post
In my own defense, in all of my past PbP games, there have been more than three players, and they've all started in the same spot; character development went fast, as did the posting (most games I've been in have had three to four posts a day from each player).

I apologize.

Kyoni

First Post
Someone

Yorlii is in the common room... you said something about outside to see your hawk...

Also: Jares did quite some training, while Yorlii only did some stretching.
And she only needs two hours of sleep... so she was about 3 1/2 hours in her room... how early did Jares intend to get up? before dawn? you didn't say anything about breakfast?

Kyoni

First Post
just to remind you: I wont be able to post from now till sunday evening, long weekend... sorry :(

edit, notice to all : I'm back :)))

Last edited:

GSFRumble

First Post
[sblock]
Appearance: Bruggin is thick bodied and broad shouldered. His beard, when unbraided, is easily long enough to reach his knees, ebon locks thicker than the hair on most humanoids' heads, which cascade over an ample (though not obese) stomach. His barrel chest sort of rolls upward into his mountainous shoulders, which are the base for a thickly muscled neck. His muscular arms are corded and heavy, and his hands end in stubby, powerful fingers. His mustache flows into his beard, and is crested with a short, broad nose. Above this are his eyes, two points of twinkling amber amidst his tanned skin. In typical Dwarf fashion, his legs are also thick and stump-like, overall giving Bruggin the appearance of a lump of rock. There are no glowing words to describe the hair on his head, however; Bruggin is bald.

He typically dresses in simple, durable garments fashioned from cotton and leather. His garb of choice is a black leather vest, often left open to expose his barrel chest, and obviously exposing his arms, which he takes great pride in for their strength. In the morning, part of his prayer to Clanggedin is his braiding of his beard. During the day, he wears two thick, tightly woven braids on either side of the main flow of his beard, which, when his side braids are in place, only reaches to just below his sternum. His trousers are gray, tightly woven cotton affairs which are cut slightly long that he might tuck them into his black, leather boots and let them hang over slightly. His belt is broad, and made of cured, black leather with a simple silver buckle.

Hanging from leather thongs at his belt are his weapons; his maul (which he treasures), his waraxe (which he inherited), and his “throwing” axes, which are enchanted that he might use them again should he throw them. He will often carry at the least his maul openly, keeping his other weapons stowed, though he often stubbornly holds that when his maul is bared, it's companion (his axe) so should be too.

In the tradition of his forefathers, Bruggin disdains shields. His armor is relatively unadorned, crafted entirely of mithral and made for battle and utility. From heavy shoulder plates to thick greaves, the armor gleams in the light. His helm he prizes most of all, for it was his father's. The helm is what we would call a spartan styled helm, save that in place of a plume or horsehair crest is a mithral one about six inches tall at it's apex. Portions of the helm's crest have been alchemically darkened to decorate it with Dwarven runes, and the same specially wrought runes are found elsewhere on the armor itself, with two especially large runes, one on each shoulder plate, prominently displayed. The one on his right is the Dwarven rune for "Strength.", whilst on his left is the Dwarven rune for "Warrior.". On his back is a single massive runic tribute to Clangeddin, so that the foes he leaves crumpled in his wake will always see who's champion so mightily ruined them.

On his axe he bears in runes the name of his clan, since he nowadays goes by his nickname instead; his proper name is Torunn. Since he is the last Torunn in Citadel Adbar, his clan name is only seen on the side of his waraxe's head. On the other side is the symbol of Moradin, Father of the Dwarves. On his maul's head on either side is the symbol of Clangeddin, the crossed battleaxes, and on his “throwing” axes the mark of Clangeddin can again be found.[/sblock]

Since it's a long, long description, I'll simply put this here in OOC as a reminder of what is also in the Rogue's Gallery. Also, his backpack is currently resting comfortably on the floor by his chair, whereas his belt pouches obviously hang from his belt, and his map case is attached securely to his belt as well with light mithral chains.

His cloak is, at the moment, stowed in his backpack, as he is inside.

ADDED: Also, I will leave it up to the DM to see how many charges of magic Bruggin is able to absorb from the wand before Harbromm arrives.

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
Hey everyone, I'm going to be travelling for the next week or so, which will make posting on my part pretty much impossible. I may update things a few time during the next week, but I just wanted to give you all the heads up that I will be largely absent.

Remove ads